Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
His fault for the second goal, noone will convince me otherwise. He stands so far off his line on every shot it's painful to watch, if he takes up a reasonable position then he saves that shot fairly comfortably because it isn't even close to going in the corner.

Any respectable Prem keeper saves that.
That goal is more on Stones and Jags than anyone. A couple yards back, Tim may have a better chance, but to blame him for that is silly. Just confirmation that no matter how we concede this season, folks will find a way to blame Tim and make sure Stones and some others get a reprieve. Shots are taken based on a keepers position. If he's back, maybe he doesn't hit it like he did but rather comfortably slots it in the corner as he's got more of an angle to work with. You just don't know.

I got my lad the dvd 'a decade of everton' for his birthday. I watched quite a bit with him and couldnt believe some of the goals he was conceding. Personally i think its a myth that he was once a great keeper, i always thought he was crap. The one thing he does that no other person can do is the amount of back spin he gets on the ball when he kicks it. That isnt a good thing!.

image.jpg

His fault for the second goal, noone will convince me otherwise. He stands so far off his line on every shot it's painful to watch, if he takes up a reasonable position then he saves that shot fairly comfortably because it isn't even close to going in the corner.

Any respectable Prem keeper saves that.

Shame we didn't go for Chec in the summer after all, he would of had that

Status
Not open for further replies.