Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my angle looked like he could have done better with the second. Made a stupid push just after when he should have held it.
Wasn't the reason we we pap but does nothing to inspire me thAt he won't cost us points during the season

I loathe Howard but they barely mustered any shots, and the ones they did I wouldn't expect him to have saved.

That said his kicking was absolutely horrendous as always. I'll never understand why his kicking hasn't ever improved.

He could have saved them:oops:....its like every shot at our goal goes in nowadays.
The defence looked all over the place today, may be Browning at right back Coleman on the right wing may settle the defence as teams seem to sus out when Coleman bobs forward the gap is there to expose when crosses come in TH does not inspire confidence - Browning would also give us height at the back on crosses , corners etc - they threatened very little today yet we still conceded two?
By playing Coleman wide right we could rid ourselves of a defensive midfielder!
Tim had nothing much to do today one save and picked the ball out of his net twice very frustrating!

He could have saved them:oops:....its like every shot at our goal goes in nowadays.
yep it feels like once again the shots on target to goals score will be shocking. It is hard to tell sometimes when a keepers positioning and reactions just aren't good enough, but remember how often shots just seemed to hit him for USA in world cup. where is that mental sharpness when he takes his guaranteed spot in our goal. Ive seen efforts like Watfords second saved many times by top keepers. Cant blame them if they dont but like any other position he is being paid to be above the ordinary and we just dont expect him to produce anything.

I spend at least 2 hours after each game with the sole focus on looking to blame Howard somehow but no, not today. Nothing he could have done about either goal.

The only thing that annoyed me was his reluctance to do things quickly when we were a goal down. A few times he took ages to release.

Can't fault him for the goals. In fact he made a couple of good saves.

However, it pisses me off that he slows down our despicably slow play even more, by not releasing the ball from a goal kick quickly, and his distribution from kicking is woeful.

Minor gripes. They just annoy me!

yep it feels like once again the shots on target to goals score will be shocking. It is hard to tell sometimes when a keepers positioning and reactions just aren't good enough, but remember how often shots just seemed to hit him for USA in world cup. where is that mental sharpness when he takes his guaranteed spot in our goal. Ive seen efforts like Watfords second saved many times by top keepers. Cant blame them if they dont but like any other position he is being paid to be above the ordinary and we just dont expect him to produce anything.
Last years stats show he was the worst keeper in the prem (read somewhere worst in Europes top leagues)He may not have been able to save the 2 goals but cant help thinking due to positioning and general awareness a keeper like De Gea or Courtois saves them.Quite frankly Tim is not good enough , hasnt been for years.

Last years stats show he was the worst keeper in the prem (read somewhere worst in Europes top leagues)He may not have been able to save the 2 goals but cant help thinking due to positioning and general awareness a keeper like De Gea or Courtois saves them.Quite frankly Tim is not good enough , hasnt been for years.
yeah it has become hard to tell what he is costing us. it is easy to hide without really meaning to do it. the second was not tucked into the corner or hit like a rocket. ive seen them saved and it just feels like some keepers would have given the watford lad less options. im not a keeper and it is just guessing but something is wrong and even if it wasnt his fault today I think he owes us some match winning performances not just a series of games were he does nothing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.