Tim Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The officiating for that 2nd goal was disgraceful. No way it should have stood.

But Oldham put a lot into that and I don't begrudge them a replay.

I thought his saves were right at him. Not criticising him but hardly Gordon Banks-esque.

Poor positioning and whereabouts of opposition for their opening goal.

Second goal shouldn't have counted, their goalie went for that with his hands, whether he touched it or not his team gained an unfair advantage. Dowd had a great view.

He can do whatever the fook he wants as long as he doesn't touch it.
Yes no rules against it I don't think,same as for standing infront of the keeper and blocking him.You can stand where you want as long as you don't start using your arms.

Any goalkeeper going up for a corner ala Oldham style should be made to remove his gloves as he palmed the ball on to the big lads head - I feel the officials thought it was TH going for the ball as it was he was being held both goals where a joke offside for the first one, but aside from that why did we not go for the 3rd killer goal dithering Dave again to sub Duffy in the 91st minute was a joke as soon as the basket ball player came on Duffy should have been introduced for PN!

Any goalkeeper going up for a corner ala Oldham style should be made to remove his gloves as he palmed the ball on to the big lads head - I feel the officials thought it was TH going for the ball as it was he was being held both goals where a joke offside for the first one, but aside from that why did we not go for the 3rd killer goal dithering Dave again to sub Duffy in the 91st minute was a joke as soon as the basket ball player came on Duffy should have been introduced for PN!

The keeper didn't touch the ball mate.

ref couldve given a free kick for unsportsmanlike behaviour, indirect free to us. timmy played alright, they put us under pressure and scored with an offside first and a ruck for a second. We'll bum them at ours

I wont blame him for their second goal to be honest. Whats he meant to do. As many have said, that probably would have been given as a free kick in the Premier League.

Just my thinking but i think Some people have been way to hard on the way howard has played this season,think he's a great keeper who might make the odd mistake but what keeper doesnt,even some were moaning about the 2nd goal yesterday-you cant win,he comes off his line and people say he should stay on the line,were as if he stayed there people would have moaned why didnt he come for it.

The keeper didn't touch the ball mate.

I've watched the goal about 8 times from about 8 angles and I still can't believe just how fortunate he was to have missed the ball. Their goalie did it in desperation. It was quite pathetic, yet so effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.