Tim Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
I held of posting this yesterday to settle a little, but was raging yesterday after conceading such a soft goal, praticularly IMO, Liverpool seemed to be lacking such a cutting edge up front. I have to say while the defence were far to forward and no one picked up Gerrards run, Howard should really be saving Gerrards goal all day long, he got his angles spot on but he shouldnt be letetting those slip under him. I was raging.

With that in mind on Monday for me his postioning was all wrong as well for Gerrards other goal. I know Gerrard is class, but conceading from the same player in less then a week which for me were very savable efforts deserves criticism, youd have to question did he go of and do his homework, two very soft goals for a keeper who main attribute is supposedly his shot stopping.

In my opinion those two goals have cost us very dear and were totaly avoidable goals, i feel a quality keeper as Howard is renowened for being should be doing an awfull lot better on those type of shots, he had very little to do especially in the first game. This may be a little harsh but two bad mistakes which could have been avoided IMO have cost us two points and a place in the fifth round.

Im not a natural Tim Howard fan i have always had big question marks against him, especialy as i think the fact that he is prone to a lapses or mistakes that can cost us. I have tried hard to beleive he is one of the top keepers in the leauge because many of our fans rate him so highly and some of his stats are great and it is always in my nature to give Everton players the benift of the doubht and support them, but Howard frustrates me hugely.

Im sorry hes not in the top percentage of best keepers in the leauge for me, just my opinion, i dont think hes crap hes decent but could do an awfull lot better, i think its a postion i wouldnt mind seeing us stregthen given the oppurtunity.

Last edited:
1 Mistake in about 3 months and all of a sudden he's [Poor language removed].

Howard is up there with Nigel Martyn in my opinion top, top shot stopper.

Quality keeper in my opinion, I think it's a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.

All keepers make mistakes, even Petr Cech has made his fair share this season. Reina was awful at commanding his box in the game on Monday.

The problem is we don't these keepers week in week out yet we claim there better than Howard. If we watched them week in week out we'd get a better idea of what there strengths and weaknesses are. There are fans at most clubs that have doubts about there keepers.

If Howard did make as many mistakes as people claim he'd cost us far more games and he keep far less clean sheets. The back five is a unit and it's quite clear (to me) Howard has had a positive impact back there, his record proves that.

Tim will be the first to admit that he dropped a clanger, you could tell by his face and even Moyes said he was down about it. But hes been solid for us and his world class saves way outway his mistakes, i dont recall many hes made.

As my man toccylid said our back 5 is a unit, a unit which doesnt ship goals easily, he claims more than his fair share of clean sheets and i have every faith whenever hes in goal.

Maybe he should have saved it. But he stopped an effort a few minutes later which arguably was a lot more difficult and should've been a goal. So swings and roundabouts really. He's a very good keeper imo.

Totally agree neiler, forget the 2nd save, the mistake had already cost us a place in the next round. He is always prone to this sort of mistake and he doesnt command his area anywhere near good enough.
Yes he has been playing better since oct but he was dodgy at the beginning of the season as well. Its not a priority but he needs replacing sooner rather than later

Yes he has been playing better since oct but he was dodgy at the beginning of the season as well. Its not a priority but he needs replacing sooner rather than later

are you real??

tim howard has been solid as a rock over the last few months. and overall since he has been here there hasnt been many keepers in the prem with a better record.

Just a lapse in concentration IMO. Last night if he just got his body on the ground instead of the silly catch/leg in the way mistake thingy he did we'd be dancing in the next round of the cup.

But he's a great keeper for us - and who else is out there better than he is that wouldnt cost the earth?

Slightly off topic but I think we should've kept Wessels as back up too.

Im with HB on this one it has to be said, he was shakey at the begining of the season, true the whole team were, but in many situations and goals i always find myself saying Howard should do better.

Im not one to quickly criticise our players and often defend the majority tooth and nail, Howard for me, though not [Poor language removed], is nothing but decent in patches, but for me at times hes a liability.

Just my opinion like.

Last edited:
But again...who do you get in? There's far more to improve in other areas than to be worrying about Howard. I mean, he's not making Rob Green, David James, and Scott Carson style mistakes now is he?

Bloody Hell...one of Evertons best keepers and he's criticised over one mistake.

Jagielka made a mistake against Aston Villa - lets drop him and/or sell him now!! (HB probably wanking over that idea)

He made one mistake, which it was still quite a difficult save anyway. Then he made a brilliant save afterwards. If they didnt score then they wouldve scored later on, im quite sure of that.

He has made some fantastic saves this season - which i wouldnt expect most keepers to do - mostly against West Ham, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Just baffles me with what he was blamed for at start of season, and now he makes one mistake from a soft goal then everyone wants his head to roll!:oops:

We wont find a better keeper to come to goodison. Hes a damn good keeper is howard, only a very few better than him in the prem. Were lucky to have him but some will only see that when hes gone and its too late

Status
Not open for further replies.