Tim Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mignolet's agent has said he may have to leave sunderland to a bigger side if he is to become the first choice GK for Belgium, surely with howard getting on we should look to make a cheeky bid for him in the summer? youngish and impressed me this season.

Mignolet's agent has said he may have to leave sunderland to a bigger side if he is to become the first choice GK for Belgium, surely with howard getting on we should look to make a cheeky bid for him in the summer? youngish and impressed me this season.

Cost?? Would imagine your looking 8M ish for him.
Not seen much of him to comment but would he warrent taking Howard's place immediately?

Finally pretty sure moyes is happy with Howard and wants a young cheap No.2 who could challange and eventually take over. And be happy to do that.

Cost?? Would imagine your looking 8M ish for him.
Not seen much of him to comment but would he warrent taking Howard's place immediately?

Finally pretty sure moyes is happy with Howard and wants a young cheap No.2 who could challange and eventually take over. And be happy to do that.

if the agent is pushing for a move im certain we could pressure them into accepting a bit less £6 mil? Felli is certainly gone IMO and we will have cash to spend, im really looking forward to the summer despite the uncertainties, I think Baines will stay, felli will go and I think the manager is 50/50 at this point. aslong as we keep Baines I'll be very happy as for me felliani is certainly replaceable especially in the position he is currently playing behind the striker.

Would also consider letting howard go for £2-4 mil to go towards the deal as Mignolet is good enough imo to start regular football with a club like us chasing top 4/6.

if the agent is pushing for a move im certain we could pressure them into accepting a bit less £6 mil? Felli is certainly gone IMO and we will have cash to spend, im really looking forward to the summer despite the uncertainties, I think Baines will stay, felli will go and I think the manager is 50/50 at this point. aslong as we keep Baines I'll be very happy as for me felliani is certainly replaceable especially in the position he is currently playing behind the striker.

Would also consider letting howard go for £2-4 mil to go towards the deal as Mignolet is good enough imo to start regular football with a club like us chasing top 4/6.

The Sunderland message boards are full of morons who think they will be getting 12-15 million for him, but I guess that is just like the Evertonians who think Fellaini is worth more than 25 million pound.

If he is really that good (and even some of the Sundeland fans are drawing attention to the fact that he has only had one good season), then surely it would make sense to offer them Howard in a player plus cash deal. I know these type of deals don't happen very often, but they will need a replacement, and Howard probably fits their bill.

The Sunderland message boards are full of morons who think they will be getting 12-15 million for him, but I guess that is just like the Evertonians who think Fellaini is worth more than 25 million pound.

If he is really that good (and even some of the Sundeland fans are drawing attention to the fact that he has only had one good season), then surely it would make sense to offer them Howard in a player plus cash deal. I know these type of deals don't happen very often, but they will need a replacement, and Howard probably fits their bill.

to be fair ive only really watched him this season but he has impressed me and is only 24, he has certainly done more than Butland to warrant a move to a club like ours, I agree I think our financial position means we can only have 1 good GK and 1 poor compared to your Spurs's having 2-3 good GK's. £6 mil+ howard I would be happy with.

I think its time for a new GK as for me this season has highlighted the need for a squad rebuildment as Distin is getting on, we need a new CM and ST, but that also means we can afford to flog Heitinga who is useless, Jelavic for me could go for £6-8 mil, and Felli who imo will go for around £25-£30 mil.

Like I said im excited mate for the summer hopefully we get EL as it really will improve our position to attract better players and should we invest in 3-4 good players our squad will also fatten out a bit more which will only benefit us. The main priority should be to keep Baines.

Well with no Fellaini we all thought the mighty hoof would stop, but alas he found a new target. Our new 6ft 5 attacking midfielder Leon osman. To my surprise big Leo never won a header and we conceded possession every time. But that didn't stop the T man.

Got to hand it to him today like. Some great one on one saves and a penalty save. Looks like he's upped his game and long may it continue.

After that really rocky patch last year he has been a lot more consistent. Credit wheres it due hes been pretty solid to be fair.

I also think we are seeing the benefits of a settled back four- which in my opinion is one of the best in the league.

Agreed here - never a fan and i dont think hes been blinding this season, but some would argue i over over analyse every gaff he makes - but fair play hes making a contribution.

Big six games on the way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.