Tim Cahill

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing we lost when he left was that little bit of mongrel we had.

Doing 'so-so' in the A-league, but I think even that is above where he's at right now. Pity.

They say opinions are like ar5eholes..... Tim Cahill stayed too long is one that baffles me more than any other.

Tim Cahill embodied everything you need in a team player. Never gave less than 100% he'd fight to win a throw in like his life depended on it. He was a leader on the pitch, leading by example. Hard little [Poor language removed] who looked after his teammates when retribution needed to be dished out. And he was clever with it.

For me, his problem started when Moyes signed Felaini. supposed to be a holding mid, but was a bit of a liability there, so had to push him up. Definitely his best position still, but it definitely clashed with TC.

We definitely missed him. Imagine the impact he could have had from the bench. A player like that doesn't come round that often. We should have kept him & put him on the backroom staff.

So many fannies in the game & wasters who just don't care. Tim Cahill got it.

Since all the threads are locked, needed to start a fresh one...

I was watching the above montage of Cahill's goals and brought back great memories. He was the player I remember most growing up and it was around the time I was starting to buy my own tickets and searching for streams on away days or at uni.

For some reason I just can't remember why or under what circumstances he left. I don't think anyone has ill feeling towards him so he must have left on good terms. Did he become a squad player and wanted more game, time to take a step down and play back in Oz or US...or dare I say it...Was it Moyes??

I'm relatively new to the Everton forum scene so I missed out on the gossip or behind the scenes at the time. But considering his support and praise for the club (through tweets etc) I feel like he could have stayed at Goodison longer.

He still plays/played international long after he left...can someone shed a bit of light on why he moved away from Everton?

He left because he was no longer quite good enough, we knew it, he knew it.

Wasn't his last act to get sent off against Newcastle?

Yeah was following the cabaye ball boy incident. Think he was actually sent off after the final whistle too. Wasn't the right way for his Everton career to finish but it was the time to sell as his legs had gone.

I'm reading his book at the minute only half way through and it's a really good read (although strangely there's a a lot more about Australia than Everton in it). The stuff about his upbringing is great and shows you were he got his drive from. True Everton legend.

He brought a lot of energy and had an incredible leap on him considering he wasn't the tallest of chaps, his last couple of seasons he started to slow a little and I remember Moyes using him as a makeshift striker after Sahas legs fell off again. Nothing but fond memories of TC.

Yeah he lost his dynamism in his last season and a half here, but he was a top top player. Nominated for a Ballon d'or at one point, as an Australian and an Everton player in a generally average to poor side. Tells you all you need to know.

Never the best technically and lacked pace too, yet the brain on him was unreal in terms of identifying space and was more than enough to compensate for deficiencies in his game elsewhere. One of the best headers of a ball I've seen in a blue shirt too.

Surprised at the "slating" he's getting here tbh.

Not that it is a slating, but I expected everyone to sing his praises for a generation, he was the go to guy to make ALL the difference.

Loved the big games and always showed up at Anfield. He'll never dethrone Duncan for my favourite.

But he got what "Everton" are all about. Still loves us.

One of the unacknowledged Everton 'greats'. Not quite to the level of Dixie, Ball, the 'Golden Vision' et al but he got us, loves us and still does. Love 'Skippy' - same as Super Kev he bought into the club and 'once touched'.....
Players come and players go but it's the enduring legacy they leave behind and their love they retain that makes them special in the hearts of Blues

Surprised at the "slating" he's getting here tbh.

Not that it is a slating, but I expected everyone to sing his praises for a generation, he was the go to guy to make ALL the difference.

Loved the big games and always showed up at Anfield. He'll never dethrone Duncan for my favourite.

But he got what "Everton" are all about. Still loves us.

Odd set of responses to be honest. Concentrating on the negatives and the final months/year he was here instead of mentioning all the good memories he gave us in that era over a 6-7 year period.

We have missed his desire in recent years and I regard him in the same category as someone like Kevin Campbell, just a tier down from Legend status.

Status
Not open for further replies.