Tim Cahill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubai Blue

Player Valuation: £8m
Since all the threads are locked, needed to start a fresh one...

I was watching the above montage of Cahill's goals and brought back great memories. He was the player I remember most growing up and it was around the time I was starting to buy my own tickets and searching for streams on away days or at uni.

For some reason I just can't remember why or under what circumstances he left. I don't think anyone has ill feeling towards him so he must have left on good terms. Did he become a squad player and wanted more game, time to take a step down and play back in Oz or US...or dare I say it...Was it Moyes??

I'm relatively new to the Everton forum scene so I missed out on the gossip or behind the scenes at the time. But considering his support and praise for the club (through tweets etc) I feel like he could have stayed at Goodison longer.

He still plays/played international long after he left...can someone shed a bit of light on why he moved away from Everton?

Since all the threads are locked, needed to start a fresh one...

I was watching the above montage of Cahill's goals and brought back great memories. He was the player I remember most growing up and it was around the time I was starting to buy my own tickets and searching for streams on away days or at uni.

For some reason I just can't remember why or under what circumstances he left. I don't think anyone has ill feeling towards him so he must have left on good terms. Did he become a squad player and wanted more game time or was it just his time to take a step down and play back in Oz or US? I'm relatively new to the Everton forum scene so I missed out on the gossip or behind the scenes.

He still plays/played international long after he left...can someone shed a bit of light on why he moved away from Everton?

Brilliant player who had probably stayed on (or that for economic reasons we needed to stay on) two seasons too long. Formed the Geriatric Axis with Saha for a dismal few months.

Had a lot more technical ability than he was given credit for.

Basically he got to old to compete in the prem. He lost a bit of his energy so struggled to keep up with the play from midfield. Was best for all parties.
Yeah I guess considering his position on the field, he can't just be a squad player like Phil Neville was and stick around for younger players to learn from. Shame though, having his heading ability on the coaching staff would have been excellent!

Brilliant player who had probably stayed on (or that for economic reasons we needed to stay on) two seasons too long. Formed the Geriatric Axis with Saha for a dismal few months.

Agreed...but Cahill deffo stands out head and shoulders above Mikel. Can't blame Arteta for leaving, but the fonder memories are with Cahill for me.

This.

A tradition that seems to have been forgotten...
His last 18 months was painful to watch, always seemed half a yard off pace and went like a year without a goal. Was the right time for him to leave before he got the abuse that Howard got

He's was a great player for us, one of the ones who could be relied on.

I have had to unfollow him on every social media, though. Most annoying person along with his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.