Tiago deal agreed? or not as the case may be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its plausible, but another one to take a deep breath and wait until its official.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Here is the article. I love the first sentence.

Italian Press reports suggest that Everton have reached an agreement with Juventus for unsettled midfield flop Tiago Mendes.

The Portuguese international had high hopes when he joined the Old Lady from Lyon this time last year, but his first season in Turin was a nightmare.

After a series of unconvincing performances, the ex-Chelsea man dropped down the pecking order and was banished to the bench.

With the arrival of Momo Sissoko in January and Christian Poulsen this summer, Tiago looks still less likely to command a starting spot and has allegedly vacated his house in Italy.

After unsuccessful negotiations with Tottenham and Newcastle, Juve seem to have reached an agreement with Everton for a loan deal with the option to make the switch permanent in the summer of 2009.

Everton would pay around £800,000 for the loan and would pay Tiago’s wages of £1.8m for 12 months.

The fee for a permanent transfer is yet to be confirmed but it is likely to be in the region of £8m.

Cutting Tiago out of the squad may allow the Bianconeri to return to the market and there are regular links with Inter star Dejan Stankovic and wantaway Lazio ace Cristian Ledesma.
[/FONT]

Wait for official annoucement.

I think he'll be one of those that takes a while to settle like Fernandes due to his lack of games etc.

Hopefully Moyes can get that experience out of him and give the feller his last swan song.

The good thing is thou, he's played in england before, so knows what it's all about. Hope this deal happens. But wont hold my breath.

Hopefully this deal happens before Saturday so he can play.

Even if it was made official today he wouldnt be through medicals until tomorrow and with 3 days before the game i doubt he would start, especially if hes short on match fitness. Prob be on the bench if we sign him up by tomorrow, otherwise i wouldnt hold my breath, even if the rumours are true

Tiago joined the Bianconeri from Lyon last year for €13m, however he has had a miserable 12 months in Italy.

It has been clear for quite some time now that Tiago would be leaving Juve this summer, providing a buyer could be found, and over the past week or so it has become a straight battle between Everton and Newcastle United for the player’s signature.

Juventus transfer director Alessio Secco admitted recently that two English clubs want to sign Tiago and, according to reports in Italy, Everton have come to an agreement with the Old Lady over a transfer fee.

The Toffees will pay €1m to take the 27-year-old on a one-year loan, and they will then have the option next summer to make the transfer permanent for €10m.

Everton will also contribute 100 per cent of Tiago’s wages, and according to the Daily Mail, the player is ready to accept a move to Goodison Park.

If the move goes through, it will be a return to the Premiership for Tiago, who spent the 2004/05 season at Chelsea, winning the championship and League Cup in the process.

Just maybe.............

Status
Not open for further replies.