This is a popularity contest

Your fave player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McBain

Player Valuation: £80m
Whos your favourate blue? Not a gay thing, just following on from my sponsor one, with no poll. Hopefully this will have a poll.

EDIT - Current player...no dinosaurs

Last edited:
Neville Southall.

Mainly because when I were a lad, Gary Stevens lived just round the corner from me. One day (when Southall had broke his leg, if you recall) Southall visited Gary Stevens and was wearing his cast on his leg still. I asked him for an autograph which he duly obliged, he then blew myself and my parents away when he asked me to sign his cast.

His words " An autograph I can get from a young Everton fan will mean more to me than any autograph I can give"

That kinda blew me away. And people wonder why I will never venture away from my toffees. pfft.

Oops. Just seen the options. dam you Mcbain. (oh well my story stays)

Right then. Ossie it is then. I have tracked him since he first emerged in EFC youth and will still support him today.

Neville Southall.

Mainly because when I were a lad, Gary Stevens lived just round the corner from me. One day (when Southall had broke his leg, if you recall) Southall visited Gary Stevens and was wearing his cast on his leg still. I asked him for an autograph which he duly obliged, he then blew myself and my parents away when he asked me to sign his cast.

His words " An autograph I can get from a young Everton fan will mean more to me than any autograph I can give"

That kinda blew me away. And people wonder why I will never venture away from my toffees. pfft.

Oops. Just seen the options. dam you Mcbain. (oh well my story stays)

Right then. Ossie it is then. I have tracked him since he first emerged in EFC youth and will still support him today.

Mwahahahahahah!!!... no great story, I wish one day Ill meet the great man. He's slightly ahead of Steve Cram and Daley Thompson in my alltime legend book.

Ive always had a soft spot for Joe Royle.

In the first team Cahill / Lescott not just as playes but both are great club men. Cahill shades it.

Neville Southall.

I had a similar expierence with the man hes a true gent and a great blue! Joe Royle was brilliant as was Waggy, Kanchelskis, Dunc.

Daniel Amockachi walked straight by me refusing to give an autograph, i was heart broken, he was one of my heroes at the time.

Toss-up between Arteta and Cahill - Arteta has the edge in likeability just because he seems like a genuinely nice man (although Cahill's on the shirt).

I love flair players. Always have always will to be honest. The likes of Osman, Fernandes, Pienaar and Arteta are a joy to watch and the main reasons I go the match.

I'd have to say Yakubu though. I love the way he plays, he always has a smile on his face and he loves scoring goals.

Arteta

Arteta, He has been the catalyst to our gradual improvement and I can see him having a really good year this season. He wants his player of the year award back!

As its Stands...

1) Cahill - 9
2) Arteta - 8
3) Lescott - 7
4) Yobo, Jagielka and Yakubu - 4

Status
Not open for further replies.