This club is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season I stopped even watching as I didn’t see the point.

I have been telling myself at least it’s better to watch now, but the last 2 games and December in general tell me it’s no different.

Think I’ll find things that give me more pleasure again in 2019

I have been telling myself at least it’s better to watch now, but the last 2 games and December in general tell me it’s no different.

Year after year of nothing.
This club gives us nothing in a sport that is a dull precession. No excitement just missery.

There was a time when an Everton loss would ruin my whole week. I would feel absolutely wretched. But I drifted away from the footy bubble during Martinez' 2nd season. So when I hear/read about this season's on-field misery, I just feel indifferent. Not even Gomez' to-die-for complexion could bring me back; and he's a proper piece of crumpet.

Beginning to see it this way too.

Genuinely wondering if there's any way I can just step away from this whole football lark but it doesn't seem possible as long as I live in this city..

That is the hardest part.
I live here.

Surrounded by it 24/7.

I prefer NFL and have done for many, many years now. That sport is fun whether my team is winning or not.

But we get very little coverage here.

Soccer is just a media agenda driven sess pit and it is heartbreaking. It should be great and it simply is not :(

Kinda stopped watching last year and this year myself too. The games are on late at night here, so its a chore to go to bed late and get little sleep. Gotta face the facts that the club bought a lot of players (and managers) poorly, and while I don't question their committment, the fit for some of the players isn't there. We're worlds apart from teams like Spurs and I hate to say it Liverpool. It's going to take years to fix. A couple of the players we bought this year are alright, Digne, Richarlison, but guys like DCL, Sigurddson, Zouma, Keane should go. Siggy is a weird one, he doesn't fit this team and doesn't make anyone else better but he runs around a lot and does a couple of nice things and scores a goal or two. I'd sell him and put the money towards Gomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.