This club is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that's where we differ. I may well be temporarily naffed off with performance, but every time I get to within sniffing distance of the ground all that is forgotten. I truly believe, despite all the evidence to the contrary that one day it will come good. I truly believe that our last 30 years are down to those vile rodents ruining the chances we had to succeed, that broke up out best team ever, and we have never properly recovered.

We are finally starting to show what and who we are and despite set backs along the way, we are playing decent football and have the nucleus of a good squad. More to add and more to do, but we have started on the right track. Keep the faith, we are moving forward.
I blame Catterick (who I also revere) for prematurely (in my opinion) breaking up the finest team I have seen , then halfway through the remodelling having the discourtesy to die.
That team could have dominated the 70s in exactly the way the RS did.
What might have been.

Wasn’t that the Christmas we lost three in a row 4-0, then lost the derby 3-1? IIRC, the other four-nils were to Villa and West Brom, both of which are now Championship teams. I’d prefer we were doing better than we are right now, but that spell takes some beating. <shudders>

Then we went to bottom of the league Sunderland on NYE´s and got battered for 89 minutes only for Cahill to score the winner. There couldn´t have been anymore than 1000 of us there that day. Still scenes in the away end.

We need to assemble a top squad and then pair it with top managers as Chelsea and City have. Eventually success will follow if other teams have the combination wrong. Sadly we vary between having poor players and poor managers, poor players and good managers, or the current situation where we have some good players and a manager of unknown quantity. We need a few windows of Brands recruitment so that we can get to where Chelsea are where they can drop in a Conte and he has the tools to win trophies immediately.

When does the sponsorship of this shower end ?

DvqchBZWoAEpHGF

Status
Not open for further replies.