This club is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
just seen we charge over £700 for kids to be a mascot... the highest in the league! wtf
In addition, we have two designated games this season where we're charging £599+VAT for the chance to be a mascot ... Which seems out of order, but all proceeds are going to the EITC charity. The Mirror is an absolute rag and I don't know how they're getting away with reporting that

I think the club and the players who come here have resigned to the fact that top six is miles away for us and therefore a lot of the players just don’t see the point

The club aren’t willing to over invest to get us there and happy to finish mid table and collect the premier league money it brings.

I think the club and the players who come here have resigned to the fact that top six is miles away for us and therefore a lot of the players just don’t see the point

The club aren’t willing to over invest to get us there and happy to finish mid table and collect the premier league money it brings.

Over invest? You mean like the £200m+ we've already spent in 18 months on largely dross? We aren't in a position yet to be blowing 3 times that to the level the RS, City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal have in recent years

Over invest? You mean like the £200m+ we've already spent in 18 months on largely dross? We aren't in a position yet to be blowing 3 times that to the level the RS, City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal have in recent years

Our managers have been able to sign every single player they wanted.

But for some people thats sadly not enough, they need MORE investment.

We have spent more than any team in the league in Moshiris 3 years, but again, they need MORE investment.

I tend not to pay such people no nevermind.

Our managers have been able to sign every single player they wanted.

But for some people thats sadly not enough, they need MORE investment.

We have spent more than any team in the league in Moshiris 3 years, but again, they need MORE investment.

I tend not to pay such people no nevermind.

It's almost like they want the club/Moshiri to go bankrupt Goatfrand, hope I'm wrong with that assumption though

Richarlison approx 45m.
Siggy approx 47m.
Walcott approx 20m
Tosun approx 25m

Im sure these aren't accurate numbers but you get my drift. The list goes on and on. We have seen investment in players like I have never seen in my lifetime in the last few seasons. Nobody in their right mind can say there hasn't been enough money. Jesus I remember when we sold Rooney to keep the club going...

It's not the investment in players it's something else. We pay over the odds massively. We bring in too many too quickly. The players don't have the same tenacity as they did say 10 years ago. Maybe we aren't attractive enough yet to bring in the level of player required to successfully play Marcos high press attacking style. Maybe these players aren't as good as we think. They don't seem to progress as well as they use to that's for sure. I mean is there an issue with coaching. The youth flatters to deceive. We were told we had some of the best youth of the league a few seasons back. Look at Unsworths success. However how many have become first teamers you can count on. I could go on and all the above is guess work and probably wide of the mark, cos who really knows unless you're right there seeing it every day in the front line.

There is one irrefutable fact though. We are underperforming at the ratio of investment. How long this is allowed to continue I dunno. We can only hope our players recover from their fatigue and manage to play with some of that sparkle from a few weeks ago, before the Derby. Cmon Marco show us something...

Last edited:

I think this is exactly what Moshiri wants, just stay mid table while we work on the ground. If we go down that will have big implications on that, and I don't believe getting in the champions league or winning a cup is a big issue to him right now.
There's money to be made in the Premier league by pretty much achieving nothing.

I think this is exactly what Moshiri wants, just stay mid table while we work on the ground. If we go down that will have big implications on that, and I don't believe getting in the champions league or winning a cup is a big issue to him right now.
There's money to be made in the Premier league by pretty much achieving nothing.

Bull.

If this was all he wanted he'd have given Sam Allardyce a 10 year contract, retained Steve Walsh and wouldn't have spent God knows how much money on new players in the hope of improving on the midtable crud Martinez left us with.

Is he a perfect decision maker? Of course not. He has appointed 3 managers, two have been disasters and we are waiting to see with the current incumbent. He has appointed 2 DoFs, one was an unmitigated disaster and it's a work in progress for the current incumbent (positive signs so far). You can argue a case that Moshiri is incompetent, clueless, not a football man...whatever. But to accuse him of just being a vacant owner happy to see us on some kind of mediocre auto-pilot is a complete fabrication of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.