Think we'll be ok yenno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a fair few draws in derbies over the years in between the depressing defeats.

Most of the time those draws have been cases of hanging on, frustrating them, scraping through unscathed.

This time felt different.

The overriding feeling is not so much that we stopped them, but rather that something is starting to take shape at Everton.

We're not there yet but something is definitely stirring in the blue zone.

For the first time in a long time (despite all the egregious spending), the team feels quite fresh.

I enjoyed Saturday, and I hope it turns out to be a springboard, but who knows?

The games have been all been tight up to now, with good and bad luck in almost equal measure, so you can make a case for seeing as much or as little as you want to really.

We played well but it was a derby we upped our game for, need to get more points on the board and Arsenal will be tough.
They lost their last game but still played well.

I do think once we start playing more teams around us, especially at home well win more than we loose.

It looked a lot better on Saturday, with Gana back in the team he brings that work rate that has been lacking there for a while. Patterson is beginning to adjust to the league and I think he will be key to getting into the final third and taking chances. Gray had a really good game and I hope he can keep his form up for the season. My concerns are the amount of goals we will score this season and the ability to be able to hang on to a single goal lead for the remaining minutes left in a match.

Can only look to the next game really but if we do fall to defeat at Arsenal, which is a statistical likelihood, then the next game (Fulham at GP?) is another must-win.

There was, quite justifiably, a renewed air of hope and confidence after Saturday. There was less pressure on that game, and it will be similar against Arsenal.

But it then ramps up again. We must win enough of our home fixtures and pick up points away, and "unexpected" points here and there, as we have started to do

I'm not as concerned as I was and think there are other sides that are at least no better than we are and/or have bigger and emerging problems, but the proof of that will be in results. There is no such thing as a guaranteed three points in this league but the foundations in terms of organisation, spirit, and commitment are there.

Can only look to the next game really but if we do fall to defeat at Arsenal, which is a statistical likelihood, then the next game (Fulham at GP?) is another must-win.

There was, quite justifiably, a renewed air of hope and confidence after Saturday. There was less pressure on that game, and it will be similar against Arsenal.

But it then ramps up again. We must win enough of our home fixtures and pick up points away, as we have been doing.

I'm not as concerned as I was and think there are other sides that are at least no better than we are and/or have bigger and emerging problems, but the proof of that will be in results. There is no such thing as a guaranteed three points in this league but the foundations in terms of organisation, spirit, and commitment are there.

West Ham

Could have done with a winnable fixture next , not sayin' we can't win at Arsenal but history hasn't been kind .

Written off Arsenal but think the three after will pretty much shape the season now.

West Ham- Picking up but still in bottom 3. I assume that's being played after a euro game for them aswell, haven't checked to see if they're home or away.

Southampton away- Has a must win feel if West Ham isn't 3 points but not got a great record down there in recent times. Southampton are very up and down in terms of performances so coin flip on the day perhaps.

Man. United- Done o.k v them in recent years home and away but from torrid opening two games they've quickly morphed back into a solid counter attacking team.

If Arsenal is going to be difficult what would people see as a decent points return from next four. Trouble with two draws is team will just go back to bottom 3 and winless in first 10 so for all the decent gritty performances desperately need a 1-0 from somehwere.

Win a couple and yes straight into mid table pack and confidence should rise.

Keep seeing speculation that FL is next for the axe.

These aren’t paying attention.

There is an identity and a cohesion being built.

Seems like the eleven on the pitch enjoy playing for the badge, enjoy playing with and for each other, relish the fight.

The tactics are not genius class and the goals are still not there but with a solid back four + keeper and a midfield capable of shielding the back, winning the ball, and advancing it we will be in the final third more often.

I’m excited. Even if we lose a few and hover in/around the drop zone, we’re building something.

Get through to the winter break with what we have, then look to strengthen any problem areas that arise in January (or ones we already know about, like another striker).

Catiously optimistic

Could have done with a winnable fixture next , not sayin' we can't win at Arsenal but history hasn't been kind .
Not having a go at you or what you say but it gets on my nerves when they say on TV 'They have not won one of the last ten games at Anfield or wherever. It is never the same two teams playing each other just the clubs, so history is neither here nor there.

Status
Not open for further replies.