2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like to start again Roy lol
Is he referring to this in - a cobblers thumb - just interpreting his post for you...... lol
1606225397200.png

I do actually think we should have kept hold of him purely on numbers and the fact he was the only natural RW in the team, bit that's it. Solely because there was no one else. Anyone using him scoring for Southampton as evidence to suggest we should have kept him have very, very short memories.

Some weird posts in here, as usual. He's just a decent player. He's inconsistent, he's not got the best end product, but he's a player who is more than capable of playing regularly for teams in the top half of the league, as he's shown throughout his entire career. I don't know why everyone has to be so over the top about players, good and bad. It's like when Keown said the other day that we had decent players on the bench and everyone lost their heads saying no we don't. Of course we do, they're not as good as we'd like but they're genuine PL quality players. Not everyone is as good as James, it doesn't mean you're a league one player or you're not trying.

He’d be a breath of fresh air compared to who we have now! Which is nobody, unless you want to play Iwobi or a RM that can’t run.

Walcott wasn’t as bad a signing as people make out, but his sale is the worst in decades! Barkley forced his move, whereas we were complicit in letting Walcott go to our modern day peers and European qualification rivals just to get the wage bill down ever so slightly. We pay Southampton 50k a week to deprive ourselves of a very useful player!

We’ve already missed his ability to stretch a defence with his pace, and we will miss it even more when we have Iwobi and Kenny playing on our right hand side in December.
I always felt Walcott gave 100 percent and got unfair stick. It is hard for players, as supporters tend to abuse their mistakes more than support them.

He also Went from playing under the likes of Wenger, to trying to carry out the nebulous plans of Marco Silva.

I hate how we have soooo many players who just don't care about Everton one iota. They don't care if we win or lose, they don't care if they put in 70% effort. They have a contract, so what?

What Moyes did well, and indeed what other managers have done very well was was to create a very strong dressing room and a collective team spirit. We’ve bought so many players quite quickly on the basis of their ‘ability’ perhaps at a cost to having a better squad mentality. I don’t think Koeman or Silva did much to help this. Walcotts went into a team he has an affinity for and seems to have went up a level which is testament to what they're doing. It’s been a while since anyone mentioned the Everton team spirit and hopefully Carlo has that high up on his to do list.

I always felt Walcott gave 100 percent and got unfair stick. It is hard for players, as supporters tend to abuse their mistakes more than support them.

He also Went from playing under the likes of Wenger, to trying to carry out the nebulous plans of Marco Silva.
He didnt get any stick for giving 100% it was his inability to hit a barn door with a small string instrument used in folk and cajun type music.

Unfortunately he followed the money to come here and probably regrets that decision himself. We were just an employer to him, I have no doubt he tried his best, but there's always an extra level when you care more.

or when you come in to a team that’s doing well and is galvanised or when you come in to a team that has competition for places and you have the fight to battle to be part of the team. Yes, Everton have many shortcomings but Theo isn’t without blame here either. He was pathetic at times and unprofessional in his final appearance as, in my opinion he’d performed a Lescott style downing of tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.