2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't he play football, Sigurdsson plays a nice through ball first half and he could barely control it think DCL ended up getting left foot shot off.

Wenger gave him every chance and he ultimately failed. Selling him to Fat Sam was standard
smart transfer work: walcott was old and has a poor competitive attitude. Arsenal got a massive payout
for a bloke who was declining and walcott got a massive boost to his pension plan; EFC got a big miss.
It was Morgan Scherderlein all over again.

But it's his semi-detached attitude that gets me. He has the pace and the experience to be a top player
yet he plays without any guts.

Just seeing him and Morgan in the royal blue make me feel miserable. Neither want to play for EFC but
like the salary.

Are people bashing him on yesterday's performance? What game were you watching? Walcott was one of the better players along with Pickford. The first half chances came solely because of him and Sigurdsson. Some better finishing would have won the game.

Are people bashing him on yesterday's performance? What game were you watching? Walcott was one of the better players along with Pickford. The first half chances came solely because of him and Sigurdsson. Some better finishing would have won the game.

I think some people are bashing him on being awful for 18 months, unable to make the killer pass when needed and generally going into hiding in his most important match of his season.

He connected a couple crosses but also was wasteful with his final ball on numerous occasions. He played a ball well behind Richarlison when we had a 2v1 and that was during his decent first half. He was absolutely abysmal in the second.

So is that worth the criticism thrown at him?
You can't expect a player to connect all his crosses accurately.
I thought Sidibe was much worse but since he clapped a bit at the fans towards the end, he gets exonerated.
His pace alone is worth a lot in a slow mid field.
The second half poor performance was down to Klopp tweaking formation imo. They were aware of Everton's direct approach and ready for it.
Hence Carlo was trying to play out from the back.

He shouldn’t even be on the bench because that means he might come on. Never have I seen a player look more awkward or just do more weird stuff in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.