2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is that worth the criticism thrown at him?
You can't expect a player to connect all his crosses accurately.
I thought Sidibe was much worse but since he clapped a bit at the fans towards the end, he gets exonerated.
His pace alone is worth a lot in a slow mid field.
The second half poor performance was down to Klopp tweaking formation imo. They were aware of Everton's direct approach and ready for it.
Hence Carlo was trying to play out from the back.

We’re you listening to Keowns nonsense by any chance?

He had 2 gilt edged chances to play us clean through and botched them both

When he broke , had space in front of him and no obvious pass on... then belted it across the pitch our for a throw in.... what the actual
That is a player who lacks confidence in himself, you can include Bernard in this as well, both of these players would sooner get rid of it rather than take it on themselves and have a go

When he broke , had space in front of him and no obvious pass on... then belted it across the pitch our for a throw in.... what the actual

That was incredible and it wasn't as if he had a clear ball to DCL or Kean either, I think it was Gomez who was running back and actually goal side.

Look. Walcott has some tangible qualities i.e. pace, experience, the ability to run through defences and scatter them. If he gets binned off, do you expect Everton to purchase a load of brand new players all of high quality?
Klopp got the likes of Origi, Wijnaldum, Henderson etc. to play well. Even Mane, Salah and Firmino came from clubs lower down. They were all wasteful, inconsistent and could disappear entirely. Yet look where they are now.
Walcott should be given time under a top manager like Carlo to be the complete player. He reminds me of Raheem Sterling under Rodgers. Pep got to work on him and he blossomed.

Look. Walcott has some tangible qualities i.e. pace, experience, the ability to run through defences and scatter them. If he gets binned off, do you expect Everton to purchase a load of brand new players all of high quality?
Klopp got the likes of Origi, Wijnaldum, Henderson etc. to play well. Even Mane, Salah and Firmino came from clubs lower down. They were all wasteful, inconsistent and could disappear entirely. Yet look where they are now.
Walcott should be given time under a top manager like Carlo to be the complete player. He reminds me of Raheem Sterling under Rodgers. Pep got to work on him and he blossomed.

He's not 22 though, is he? Likewise if a decade with Arsene Wenger didn't do the trick, I'm not sure what 6 months with Ancelotti will do when he's past 30.

Theo was 29 when we bought him. Finished.

They all young and improving, wanting to learn.

Equally, Klopp got rid of those who weren't good enough very quickly. You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Walcott even said himself he'd fallen out of love with the game at Arsenal. That's a worrying thing for any ageing footballer to say and it shows you where his priorities lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.