The Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whos this thread about again?

Oh yeh another player that Robery Jarvis doesnt like.

Not true Mick. As for my post to Danny he was not clear whether Yak or Vaughan should play. As for Yak I do not think he is really suited as the lone striker upfront in Moyes 4-5-1 play. This just encourages hoofball.
In that role you need a striker not just with how tall but very mobile and can put himself about. Dare I say it but Ladyboy over the way is such a one. I started thread some time ago "Do we have a striker a problem" and the general view was Yes and I think we do, either that or a midfield problem which is not creating chnaces and opportunities.

The great, fickle aspect of football fans.

You try severing your achilles and see how long it takes you to fully recover. It is a nasty injury and we should just write this season off for Yak. When he sucks next season, then, IMO you will be deserved to lay into him, then the important thing for him right now is the game time to get his fitness back from such a long lay off from a horrible injury.
This sums up the whole thing. ;)

I've started this thread and read people replies.
I've just looked at his App and goals record this season an he's currently on 4 games 2 goals.
An his goal record for us is really good. 60 games 28 goals almost 1 in every 2. 7 goals in his last 21 matches.

However when i think of the Yak i think of him as being lazy and not remotely a goal threat. He just seems to put no effort in. I am quite suprised how good his goal record is.
I think i might have misjudges him looking and that.

We should keep him an see how he does next season, after all he's only 27.
Maybe he'll start tonight and get a hat-trick.

I've started this thread and read people replies.
I've just looked at his App and goals record this season an he's currently on 4 games 2 goals.
An his goal record for us is really good. 60 games 28 goals almost 1 in every 2. 7 goals in his last 21 matches.

However when i think of the Yak i think of him as being lazy and not remotely a goal threat. He just seems to put no effort in. I am quite suprised how good his goal record is.
I think i might have misjudges him looking and that.

We should keep him an see how he does next season, after all he's only 27.
Maybe he'll start tonight and get a hat-trick.

He scores goals. Who cares if he's lazy. Stick the ball on his toe in front of the net, he'll score.

Let everyone else do the running for him and get him fed

YouTube - Yakubu

Last edited:

He is a boss lazy slotter.

Even if he stands around a bit more than most, he just slots. All over the show. I prefer him to an Andy Johnson but there you go, it's them opinions again.

*disclaimer: if his achilles explosion has finished him off, at 35 years of age then I take it back and was one of the the first to call him [Poor language removed].

I agree with this.

Im not a big fan of that to be fair.

Saha has more of an impact from the subs bench, has shown this in the past.

The Yak is a slow burner, needs to take his time to get into the game. Asking him to "do something" in 30minutes and he doesnt will just make the haters what him out.

Saha has lost his form. Give Yak his chance.

This!

I hate the Yak is lazy tag - he doesnt chase hospital balls like Johnson used to. Yet is far more effective - it baffles me the lazy tag hes up there with prob Arteta and Pienaar for the hardest working gifted player we have.

Its because he's not running around like a headless chicken.

And its why most fans love Vaughan because of his "endless work rate"

I want my striker to effing score not cover the whole pitch 25 times.

Its because he's not running around like a headless chicken.

And its why most fans love Vaughan because of his "endless work rate"

I want my striker to effing score not cover the whole pitch 25 times.

Exactly, though Vaghan has more in his locker. It baffles me hes one of the best in the Prem at holding the ball up with his back to goal and intellgently building up play, all the time putting his body on the line by being used as a battering ram for 90 mins by six foot centre halfs behind him - yet hes lazy, i cant fathom how anyone watching how he plays can call him lazy.

It'll be tragic if he never properly recovers from his achilles injury. LOVED the guy after his season with us, hope he can get back to that.

Hope we try to play a 4-4-2 with him and Saha at some point for a few games. In Fellaini we finally have a player on whom we can build a strong midfield four.

It'll be tragic if he never properly recovers from his achilles injury. LOVED the guy after his season with us, hope he can get back to that.

Hope we try to play a 4-4-2 with him and Saha at some point for a few games. In Fellaini we finally have a player on whom we can build a strong midfield four.

Very good point that. The thing that has prohibited the four in midfield before has been the absence of a strong all rounder in midfield and Moyes' own reluctance to play it. If Fellaini keeps on then it's only the latter that remains.

A fully fit and firing (maybe optimistic here) Saha and Yakubu would be sexual.

But it would mean no Cahill, if we want to have a proper balance in our midfield.

Yak will be okay, of course track&field fans will keep hating him, just like they hated him when we signed him, but I don't give a damm...

I said it before and I will say again (even if I will be in minority), we don't need strikers, we have two with real quality, with two young back-ups for various situations. Unless we will sell one of them, we are set here.

Last edited:
Hopefully - but my opinion is based on the eight years he has had in the Premiership prior his injury.

I would be disheartened if I played for Pompey or Boro. No wonder he 'sulked' and wanted to leave. He is now part of our family. He is playing for THE MIGHTY BLUES!!!!!!!

Seriously, next season when he has a good pre-season under him, he is going to be banging the goals in. Just watch.

*Bookmarks post for purpose of rubbing it in Danny's face next season*

Status
Not open for further replies.