The Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent display, we all know we won't get hard running from the Yak but when he's on form, his willingness to get involved (in terms of link up) more than makes up for it, as does his finishing ability.

He'll be fine, hopefully he can get a run of games under his belt now.

the yak looked good today. some of his passing was a little sloppy though. this will improve the more he plays.

First off a striker is only as good as the chances created for him, are we doing that?

Secondly IMO we do not really have a striker who is truly capable of playing in the 4-5-1. We are missing the support of Cahill and Fellaini.

Goes back to my old thread, do we have a striker problem?

First off a striker is only as good as the chances created for him, are we doing that?

Secondly IMO we do not really have a striker who is truly capable of playing in the 4-5-1. We are missing the support of Cahill and Fellaini.

Goes back to my old thread, do we have a striker problem?
We have 2 strikers capable of playing in 4-5-1. Today problem wasn't a striker, but a midfielder (it's way too advanced position for Osman, Rodwell did better there in 2nd half) or midfield supporting him.
And no, we don't have a striker problem, have 2 good enough for us.

Robert, If that's the case then why did Yakubu score 21 goals playing as a lone striker in that formation? Why has Saha scored 15 goals playing upfront on his own?

Guess so. Can you honestly say we have got belting strikers?
Not familiar with "belting" to be honest, but I am very comfortable with Saha and Yakubu, of course there better strikers in better teams around, but we have bigger needs we need to address. For a team which wants to break into TOP 4 this is a quality pair of strikers.
For example, wouldn't swap either of them for Huntelaar... although I know I would be in minority here.

Status
Not open for further replies.