The Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ara

Player Valuation: £6m
After watching him this season, i got to ask, Is this guy still injured of just lazy.
For me his season an Everton match v Liverpool was summed up by the Yak walking after Reina to get the ball, with 10 minutes to go.

I personally think he just lazy and its time to get rid in the Summer and get a striker that wants to play and score goals.

Thoughts?

I agree. I think we need someone that will consistently perform and looks at least close to getting 20 goals a season. Yakubu was that a few seasons ago, but I think we may as well sell him now whilst he is still valuable if he is going to carry on performing as he is. Saha could be that, but he is getting old now and is still injury prone. I think it is time to get a bit of money in and get a striker around the age of 24.

World class when he can be arsed.

That said, his languid approach can be massively frustrating and he can upset the entire side when he has his sulk on. It's no surprise that Nigerias fans turned on him at the African Nations.

Nono of the 'Boro fans were chaining themselves to the Riverside gates in protest when we signed him.

In fact most said wait and see when he stops being arsed. Then you will want rid any way possible.

The great, fickle aspect of football fans.

You try severing your achilles and see how long it takes you to fully recover. It is a nasty injury and we should just write this season off for Yak. When he sucks next season, then, IMO you will be deserved to lay into him, then the important thing for him right now is the game time to get his fitness back from such a long lay off from a horrible injury.

I agree it's a terrible injury to recover from.

I would just like to point out that every Boro message board at the time we bought him were saying how the deal would blow up in our face.

We did get 22 goals out of him.

I think it was his attitude that made him lose the fans up in smoggy land.

The great, fickle aspect of football fans.

You try severing your achilles and see how long it takes you to fully recover. It is a nasty injury and we should just write this season off for Yak. When he sucks next season, then, IMO you will be deserved to lay into him, then the important thing for him right now is the game time to get his fitness back from such a long lay off from a horrible injury.

Hopefully - but my opinion is based on the eight years he has had in the Premiership prior his injury.

I think he will need a good pre-season to regain full fitness. I will sit on the fence untill then. Didn't Moyes say we wouldn't see the proper Yak until then anyways.

He can only use his bad injury excuse for so long though. And if Vaughan and Anichibe are on their way out. A couple of strikers are a must in the summer.

for me this season is a freebie if you like,in a sence its all about getting back to where he was 14-18 months ago.

you can't over emphasise the seriousness of the injury it could have easily ended his career not so long ago moysie said he still looks like he runs with a slight limp,for all we know he could be in agony after every game.we just dont know maybe it's taken away a part of his game and what we see now is the best were gonna get if that was the case then ye we should get rid.but we must give the lad this season.

for me this season is a freebie if you like,in a sence its all about getting back to where he was 14-18 months ago.

you can't over emphasise the seriousness of the injury it could have easily ended his career not so long ago moysie said he still looks like he runs with a slight limp,for all we know he could be in agony after every game.we just dont know maybe it's taken away a part of his game and what we see now is the best were gonna get if that was the case then ye we should get rid.but we must give the lad this season.

I agree with this. It was a very serious injury and one that took a very long time to come back from. It's going to take time for him to get back to his best and it may even take time for him to recover from it psychologically as he may be avoiding over-stretching and going in for some 50-50s. It will likely be the same for Arteta and Jags.

It's our attacking style that's the problem. Don't expect him to play like Peter Crouch. His strength is ball to feet, not end of a high looping cross.

He's started two games in the league and got an assist in both of those games. Saha has started 18 games in the league and got 1 assist. Shockin player Yak.

Only player apart from cahill to have 2 shot on goal from open play on the weekend....but cos he dont run about he needs sellin.... He needs a string of games, i think he should come in for saha whos dropped form, make him work again

After watching him this season, i got to ask, Is this guy still injured of just lazy.
For me his season an Everton match v Liverpool was summed up by the Yak walking after Reina to get the ball, with 10 minutes to go.

I personally think he just lazy and its time to get rid in the Summer and get a striker that wants to play and score goals.

Thoughts?

never been a yak fan - the derby needed vaughan on, and we got yak walking round. that stroll with reina was unforgivable , more important tho - hes obviously so unfit why was he on the pitch, another moyes . . . . . . - fill in the blanks

He's started two games in the league and got an assist in both of those games. Saha has started 18 games in the league and got 1 assist. Shockin player Yak.

But at a time when we need him to lead the line (especially in a 4-5-1 formation) we look for him to put chances away or work to hold up the ball, which he isn't doing. I'm sure he would probably do better if there was someone up there beside him or if we played less long ball and more to his feet, but in this system he isn't cutting it at the moment. I would just prefer to see someone who, if not scores, at least puts the defense under some kind of pressure and panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.