The undervalued player that is Leon Osman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could do a lot worse than get called up by Turkey. He 10 million times the player Colin Kazim Richards is!!

And as much as his current form deserves it, he won't get a look in for England as that set up is a joke.

Yeah, while England have farted about with Lampard and Gerrard for years, it should have been Parker and Ossie all along!

Osman has reminded me a little just lately of 04/05 when he just pops up and scores the vital goal out of nothing. He is a genuine true blue and whatever he is doing at the moment keep it up. If his name was Lampard or Gerrard the media snides would be creaming their pants today.

For me when Ossie and Hibbo came in v Newcastle it just added that little bite and grit we were missing. When Fellani etc are back it will be finding the right blend of players for the right games but Osmas has defo earned his place in the current Everton team.

Made the team of the week on the BBC website

What a goal, what a winner! Reminiscent of Joe Royle and Duncan Ferguson, who were sitting in the stands and watching the midfielder play a pivotal role in Everton's victory. Osman is starting to look like the player Everton have needed to run things.

Did you know? Has scored four goals in his last nine Premier League appearances, having failed to score in 29 in a row prior to this.

He could do a lot worse than get called up by Turkey. He 10 million times the player Colin Kazim Richards is!!

And as much as his current form deserves it, he won't get a look in for England as that set up is a joke.

Turkey is a team that has so much potential but never quite seems to get it together (minus Euro 2008 where I nearly had a heart attack multiple times). They drive me nuts in a different way that the USMNT. Turkey needs some of the hard workingness that the US has. Osman would definitely be an improvement over Richards. You're right, I wonder why they haven't come calling. Weird.

This is the thing about Leon Osman.

Experience.

Smaller, having to battle constantly for a place over the years... I firmly believe we will see the best of Osman over the next couple of seasons.

I have never been a fan, really, but I think he is turning into the definition of being 'In your Prime'.

Fair play to Moyes on this one. Stuck with him, and now is reaping the fruits of the Ossie Tree.

And it's no coincidence there's OZ in the OZ-MAN.

It makes the good, GREAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.