The undervalued player that is Leon Osman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alio

They call me Avocado Baby
What a lil gem we have here. Does he typify Everton under the David Moyes era?

He grafts, there are highs, and lows to his game, nothing too flashy but gets a job done etc. He never appear's to be in anyone's first XI team sheet in reality when other players are fit, but always appears to come up with the goods when called upon. Never heard a bad word from him either? Does every team need an Osman?

Will he keep his place when Arteta, Fellaini and Cahill all come back?

If he was called Leon van der Osman, would he be our best player? Know what I mean.....?

He's never received an England call up, would he be a classic England B Team player, when they used to do those friendlies? He's never been even linked with a move away from Everton from what I can remember.

Why is that?

A few work colleagues from Derby hail him as one of their best players over the past 10 or so years

Osman random fact - He is eligible to play for England, Cyprus and Turkey

And here's a vid, feels weird not visiting youtube to praise a player

[video=youtube;UUjLg5AIjQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUjLg5AIjQQ[/video]

He can be very good in the middle but often awful on the wing. It's a shame that he's been played out of position so often to accommodate other players (not that I blame Moyes entirely, it's often, if not always, been the best option we had just due to lakc of bodies) because the result is his reputation has suffered a bit.

But, yeah he's a player capable of producing the goods and one who's loyal, hard working, gets Everton and I like a lot. I look forward to going to his testimonial.

He's woefully inconsistent, often when we could do with somebody going about their job well; but on his game he's as good as they come, very important member of the team being a local lad too.

Cahill has often said that Ossie, Hibbo and Stubbs played a major part in his Evertonian upbringing.

Love the free roaming role he's been given lately, seems to enjoy it.

Props to the Billinge belter!

I've maybe made him sound like a World Beater there and have possibly got caught up in the fine form he's currently experiencing, but I still stand by my points on him

He does appear to be having a free role at the moment doesn't he? Saw a few people ask for him to be played out wide again, even though more people than not will strongly argue that, but he has done a lot of his good work out there, but still, keep him in the middle

What a lil gem we have here. Does he typify Everton under the David Moyes era?

He grafts, there are highs, and lows to his game, nothing too flashy but gets a job done etc. He never appear's to be in anyone's first XI team sheet in reality when other players are fit, but always appears to come up with the goods when called upon. Never heard a bad word from him either? Does every team need an Osman?

Will he keep his place when Arteta, Fellaini and Cahill all come back?

If he was called Leon van der Osman, would he be our best player? Know what I mean.....?

He's never received an England call up, would he be a classic England B Team player, when they used to do those friendlies? He's never been even linked with a move away from Everton from what I can remember.

Why is that?

A few work colleagues from Derby hail him as one of their best players over the past 10 or so years

Osman random fact - He is eligible to play for England, Cyprus and Turkey

And here's a vid, feels weird not visiting youtube to praise a player

[video=youtube;UUjLg5AIjQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUjLg5AIjQQ[/video]

I hope he goes to Turkey because he'll have to have a cool muslim name.

By far the best player for us over the past 2 months. Doubt Moyes would have ever sold him but I always wondered why no one has ever bid on him. I like him in this 4-2-3-1 formation.

He's earned the right to play as an attacking mid in the middle and knowing injures, fixtures etc should be able to start in about 1/2 of them. He's not very good in on the wing in a 4-5-1 but I think he could play on the right or left in 4-2-3-1 as well.

I also have a Derby supporting mate who says Ossie was Awesome when he played for them. I've often been a critic of his , for his inconsistency and sometimes just looking a little lightweight and not of the class required .
This time though I'll eat my words as his form of late has been immense, hes taken on the creative baton and run and run and run with it.
Acid test for Ossie will come this Saturday

Yeah, look forward to seeing what happens at Old Trafford. I always thought he was the type of player than could be instrumental at beating a bad Sunderland side 7-1 for example, yet could easily go missing in a humiliating defeat against a top side, but he played blinders in the "big" games last year from what I can recall

This time last year he was one of the star players. Here he is again. Dependable and unlike players like Pienaar and Heitinga; he's Everton through and through.

I've been a staunch defender of Ossie forever. #1 he's EFC to the bone. #2, when played in position he more often than not makes a positive impact on our team. #3, he's clearly one of our more technically proficient players with the ball.

There are people on this board, and they know who they are, were ****ging him off and wanting him gone earlier in the season. You can't be a top tier team without guys like Ossie.

If he played like he has done the past month(3 goals/3 assists) he have more fans, but far too inconsistent, nice squaddie, but not a patch on the marquee players we have.

I am a fan of Leon, but always been a 'maybe' player.

I think most people would agree that the stick Osman gets has always been when he's been playing out on the right wing. And we all know that he's 10x the player in the center.

Even lately, when he's done good things from the right, it's been because he's roaming; he's not been isolated, he's been free to go wherever there is space, and cause havoc.

Quite simply he's been a victim of his own versatility. But, in his preferred position, he is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.