The striker debacle

Who are we getting in as Lukaku's replacement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see if anything happens before deadline.

But if no decent striker is brought in the club need to explain 1) why we rushed to bend over and sell lukaku when man u asked us too, without a replacement (a grumpy lukaku would be better to our situation we are now in) ? 2) by selling him early did we under sell him at 75 m plus add ons when coutinho is considered a 115 m player and prices get higher nearer deadline ? And why didnt we sell and include a swap in return if we had no one lined up(eg martial, rashford, batshuayi etc .)

Personally, as of yet, I'm not fuming because the window isn't over.

But, given Sandro is unlikely to be able to lead the line in the Premier League, I would still be bloody annoyed if we exited this window without someone capable of doing that job, regardless of how much we spent on Sandro. To be honest mate, if Sandro had been going to cost us 30 million, I doubt we'd have bought him, because it would have left less money for the "lead the line" type of guy.

Agree that we still need a 'front man' to lead the line, as a different option if nothing else.

My point was more about that Sandro should not be discounted as a viable option up front. A lot depends on how he settles but he looks to have a lot of the qualities needed and as Koeman has said a number of times, we need others to step up and chip in with double figure goal tallies as we won't have Rom.

Let's see if anything happens before deadline.

But if no decent striker is brought in the club need to explain 1) why we rushed to bend over and sell lukaku when man u asked us too, without a replacement (a grumpy lukaku would be better to our situation we are now in) ? 2) by selling him early did we under sell him at 75 m plus add ons when coutinho is considered a 115 m player and prices get higher nearer deadline ? And why didnt we sell and include a swap in return if we had no one lined up(eg martial, rashford, batshuayi etc .)
Again, list the strikers that were sold for 100M. Give one example that would indicate he wasn't priced appropriately. Morata? Nope.

Maybe like for like replacement was the wrong term. But you get my drift, we were never going to get a lukaku replacement with regard to the number of goals he scored. But at the very least, you'd expect a proven premier league striker, with a physical presence as a replacement. Giroud would have been perfect, but he turned us down weeks ago alledgedly, so why has there been no plan B.
This is plan B - wait...

Ive had this theory for a while

When sky pumped the obnoxious amount of money into the prem is there anyways they could have asked the clubs to save a Major singing until TDD so they can recoup some of that money with advertising on a day of such massive viewership?

I havent given up, i know we have had many despicable deadline days but i stay optimistic

And my god people. Its the final day of this madness, hold the fume for 24 more hours then assess

Im thinking Costa, Giroud or someone of a similar ilk

Ive had this theory for a while

When sky pumped the obnoxious amount of money into the prem is there anyways they could have asked the clubs to save a Major singing until TDD so they can recoup some of that money with advertising on a day of such massive viewership?

I havent given up, i know we have had many despicable deadline days but i stay optimistic

And my god people. Its the final day of this madness, hold the fume for 24 more hours then assess

Im thinking Costa, Giroud or someone of a similar ilk

Hope you are right .... but Costa for a 6 month loan is not a major signing in my eyes

I'm so scared, we've left it so late and we'll end up with some proper donkey up front. I'd rather we didn't buy any one that buy a bigblump from Cardiff or the likes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.