The reasoning behind us playing on Monday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that ourselves and Sunderland have just had a blank weekend because of the international break, I can't see the logic in us losing another weekend when there is only ONE live game scheduled for Sunday this week (Swansea v Chelsea). Surely they could have had the normal 1.30 and 4pm kick offs on Sunday and included our game,especially when they have all the European matches in next midweek.

to be honest, I love Monday night football.

For one thing, at least you know your weekend is not going to be ruined ;)

And the thoughts of an Everton match to watch, either at Goodison or a televised away game, is enough to brighten up any Monday morning :)

And this is my only worry about Friday night games.

Imagine your weekend being ruined before it has properly begun :(

f7FdEdG.jpg
I thought Bolasie was younger than he looks

It's probably been said but I haven't read the thread...it's Moyes versus Everton isn't it. Gives them something to talk about in their ridiculously long build-up show.
That and Sunderland is a long way from anywhere since the Yorkshire clubs all imploded. And they can't have the Tyne-Wear on a Monday night. Usually us and LFC swap with Sunderland and Newcastle around Christmas time for the same reason

Don't mind monday night games but when its as far as Sunderland it should be sat or sun. Im going get home early Tuesday morning

So fans on the west coast of USA can watch a match at lunchtime on a Monday instead of breakfast time on a Saturday.
This really. If i wasn't closing on a new house next Monday, I'd be able to watch this game on my phone from the comforts of my work office rather than have to bail on golf to watch my beloved Everton on a Saturday or Sunday. Can't complain

I have similar memories of us doing well in Monday night games.
I remember watching the worst 90 mins of football ever played when Everton visited Derby at the old baseball ground, remember Barmby scored with the last kick (header)of the game to win it. A serious bender was had after that hence I haven't been allowed watch a Monday night game since in the pub.

Good times/Sad times

Status
Not open for further replies.