The news we all dreaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Howard has damaged fibres on the underside of his foot and will not be able to play in Slovakia on Saturday and Denmark the following Wednesday." - Yahoo Sports

This diagnosis is from Elvis's doctor to give Tim a week off. Not a bad idea.

Gosling Gets U21 Call-Up – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com – The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Dan Gosling has been handed his first England Under-21 call-up.

The midfielder has been drafted in to replace Everton teammate Jack Rodwell who has withdrawn from the squad because of injury.

The news caps a good few days for Gosling, 19, after he scored the winner in the Blues' 2-1 win over West Ham on Sunday.

Rodwell has a minor groin strain and won't be risked in the Young Lions' games against Portugal on Saturday and Lithuania next Tuesday.

Instead, the 18-year-old will remain at Everton's Finch Farm training ground in order to receive treatment.

"A scan has confirmed that Jack has a minor groin strain," confirmed Everton Head Physio Mick Rathbone.

Gosling, meanwhile, has the chance to build on an encouraging season so far which has seen him appear 12 times and score two goals.

"I enjoy being part of the (Everton) squad," Gosling told evertonTV.

"I will play anywhere that I am needed if the gaffer asks me to. For me it has been great to get games under my belt and hopefully I can do a job for the team.

"Today I think I did that with the winning goal and I am pleased. It is nice to get on the end of things and get goals it's important for me to do a job for the team and if a chance comes your way you have to take it."

Dropping like flys, I love the way the OS tries to bury all the bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.