The news we all dreaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Vote Labour, Vote Textor 2024
Howard Out Of USA Games – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com – The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Tim Howard has been withdrawn from the USA squad that will play two friendlies during the current international break.

The Blues keeper has damaged fibres on the underside of his foot and the decision was made to pull him from the matches in Slovakia on Saturday and Denmark the following Wednesday.

“I have spoken to the US medical team and they are perfectly happy with the situation,” said Everton’s Head Physio, Mick Rathbone.

“We’ll work with Tim here and monitor the injury very closely.”

USA comfortably qualified for the World Cup from their CONCACAF group and Head Coach Bob Bradley will use the two European friendly games as a chance to take a closer look at some of the players trying to force their way into his thinking.

Howard will undoubtedly be the number one choice between the sticks after keeping six clean sheets during the qualifying run but there will inevitably be other places up for grabs.

“These matches present a terrific opportunity to continue building on the nucleus of our team, and at the same time evaluate more of the player pool against very good opponents,” said Bradley.

“We are very pleased with what we have accomplished in a long and challenging year, and we move forward with the goal of getting ourselves ready to be a competitive team in the World Cup.”

Thats that then.........

Howard Out Of USA Games – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com – The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Tim Howard has been withdrawn from the USA squad that will play two friendlies during the current international break.

The Blues keeper has damaged fibres on the underside of his foot and the decision was made to pull him from the matches in Slovakia on Saturday and Denmark the following Wednesday.

“I have spoken to the US medical team and they are perfectly happy with the situation,” said Everton’s Head Physio, Mick Rathbone.

USA comfortably qualified for the World Cup from their CONCACAF group and Head Coach Bob Bradley will use the two European friendly games as a chance to take a closer look at some of the players trying to force their way into his thinking.

Howard will undoubtedly be the number one choice between the sticks after keeping six clean sheets during the qualifying run but there will inevitably be other places up for grabs.

“These matches present a terrific opportunity to continue building on the nucleus of our team, and at the same time evaluate more of the player pool against very good opponents,” said Bradley.

“We are very pleased with what we have accomplished in a long and challenging year, and we move forward with the goal of getting ourselves ready to be a competitive team in the World Cup.”

Thats that then.........

I only said the other day that this is the news I dreaded, [Poor language removed] I hope he's fit, I blame BB:blink::eek:

Thats that then.........

Don't sweat it, it's one of those "we don't want our player to fly thousands of miles for a meaningless friendly" injuries.

Well it don't suprise me, Seems like a day doesn't pass without another injury!

Hopefully its not serious, Can't afford to be without him at Old trafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.