The New Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did they get hold of the new RS home kit to wear around Barcelona?

Obviously mate I didn't rummage through their shopping, but it looked like they had RS shirts, I presumed it was their new one?

Everton's not available until later this month.

Obviously mate I didn't rummage through their shopping, but it looked like they had RS shirts, I presumed it was their new one?

Everton's not available until later this month.

Neither is Liverpool’s so it doesn’t really fit the narrative

Club said away will be released late July, 3rd "later in the summer" so guessing mid-late August but could be September I guess.

All from here:
https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1263989/new-2019-20-everton-home-kit-all-you-need-to-know
...with reference to Archibald Leitch, the renowned architect of the Bullens Road and Gwladys Street stands and the distinctive criss-cross steel that adorns the upper tier of the Bullens Road at the Grand Old Lady...

The 2019-20 shirt design looks to connect both players and fans with detailing influenced by the stadium’s architecture, referencing the famous Archibald Leitch girders around Goodison Park.

In 1907, world-renowned architect Leitch designed a new double-decker Goodison Road stand. The Scotsman would also design the next two new stands of the ground: both two-tiered, the first was the new Bullens Road stand in 1926 and the second the new Gwladys Street end in 1938 which featured the now iconic criss-crossed latticework. The criss-cross would become Leitch’s trademark. It continues to be heavily identified with the Club and plays a key part in Everton fans’ matchday memories....

“For this shirt we aim to create a visual representation of Everton at home. We researched the story of the Club and especially the Archibald Leitch stadium design and felt this captured the essence of Everton perfectly

What utter patronising and piss taking bollocks.

I think Umbro are a great brand but recently their kits have been a bit stale. They seem to have changed that this year I think.

I still really like the new shirt. It's bold, yes. But at the end of the day shirts are only looked on fondly in you win something or have a great season. Win something next season and this kit will become iconic.

can someone cheer up dave he's nearly becoming @GwladysBlue levels here

He's unhappy with the shoddy marketing and commercial aspects of the club... but the clubs attempts and umbro to gloss it all over with some form of heritage spiel about our anachronistic stadium is crass and insultating. The more you hark back to the past, the more you stay there.

I await with baited breath that kit that has a tribute to all the obstructed views.

Status
Not open for further replies.