The Importance of Game Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, we were worthy winners. Wasn't a great game but we were alright against admittedly terrible opposition.

Nothing to be upset about, nothing much to crow about either. Meat and drink win with the odd glimpse of quality.

I'd like us to play better than that (as we did last year and the year before) but it was fine.

I just think celebrating us winning 1-0 rather than 4-0 as being intelligent and controlled is a bit weird.

1-0 didn't indicate game management to me, but instead missed chances. Missed penalty and 4 put just wide, should have been 3-0 minimum. I liked that the side showed more aggression in the 2nd half, but they don't look like an entirely confident side. The upcoming match will show us where the squad is, whether improved or just having a good run of form in a bad year.

The thing about pragmatic points on the board is I know it's nice for the fans and for the money and everything but honestly for me the season was over 3 games ago.

I can't care too much about the results any more when we're just drifiting around midtable. All you start thinking about is 'do we look like a tema who can win a trophy next year' and we don't really. I mean I'd rather we beat qpr and burnley than not, don't get me wrong. but we're not playing well enough that it convinces me that we can beat anyone else.

Which, again it's not a huge deal, we have the summer for Martinez to rebuild and get us as good as I want us to be. But I'm not throwing street parties over it either.
Will be interesting to see how we play next weekend in our last game against a top four club who are in decent form.

1-0 didn't indicate game management to me, but instead missed chances. Missed penalty and 4 put just wide, should have been 3-0 minimum. I liked that the side showed more aggression in the 2nd half, but they don't look like an entirely confident side. The upcoming match will show us where the squad is, whether improved or just having a good run of form in a bad year.
Yes,we should learn a lot come Sunday afternoon.

Yeah, agree with you and serenity on this one. That's the test.

We school Man U and I'll be feeling this thread a little more. They just haven't done anything yet to make me think they will.

Here's hoping, eh.
Think Lukaku, Mirallas and Lennon will all be keen to show what they can do. Unfortunately so will Fellaini :p

McCarthy being injured for us and Carrick being back for them might be the deciding factor.

This.

Bollocks any suggestion that winning 1-0 against a 10 men burnley is something to be applauded.

I mean 3 points is 3 points. But you know it's like cheering a 5 yard pass. I want 50 yard passes that beat 4 men before I suck your cock.

It's not like you to be choosy.

Bayern tonight, unbelievable game management

Annihilate deficit in first half, contain game, Porto score... ok, let's get one more

I have to say, you can see what this current Everton side are modelling themselves on and no mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.