The Importance of Game Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're kind of just like chelsea! :celebrate:

That's what the form table says, improve your game management and results will follow

Edit: Look at Arsenal there, went out try and 'win the second half' and left themselves exposed

Chelsea on the other hand still 1-0 up

To be honest that really is, and I make no apologies for saying it, post-1992 Invention of Football way of looking at it.

The key thing is that Ings didn't score, did he. Had he done so, we would have stepped up another gear and scored again.

We clearly have a style of play - complete command in defence and defensive midfield, a 'rogue element' in a roaming number 10, aggressive wing play and CF link man. We were superior in every department today and basically played with the United game in mind.

I would hate to think we set out our game plan today taking into account a game which was over a week away.

Particularly one in which no great issue will be at stake.

Nor do I think that.

I would hate to think we set out our game plan today taking into account a game which was over a week away.

Particularly one in which no great issue will be at stake.

Nor do I think that.

No and that's the point mate about great game management

You start off, see how things are going to go and adjust accordingly

They have someone sent off and we take the lead; job done, manage game, concentrate on next match

That's what the form table says, improve your game management and results will follow

Edit: Look at Arsenal there, went out try and 'win the second half' and left themselves exposed

Chelsea on the other hand still 1-0 up

I'm sure its a comforting sensation to imagine martinez has re-invented himself/us and has strategically orchestrated the current series of scraped victories. Enjoy.;)

I'm sure its a comforting sensation to imagine martinez has re-invented himself/us and has strategically orchestrated the current series of scraped victories. Enjoy.;)

3-0 against Newcastle and a fourth-gear win against QPR and Burnley

Games well managed

1-0 to Chelsea then, and two of the top form teams in the country exercise excellent game management

oh look, we already have one philistine (BBC Live Text, quelle suprise)

1-0 to Chelsea then, and two of the top form teams in the country exercise excellent game management

oh look, we already have one philistine (BBC Live Text, quelle suprise)

Come on dude, give the davek impersonations a rest, its embarrassing

If you were convinced by any of those performances you can't have been watching everton long.

Crucially mate, I've been watching Everton far longer than the false advent of New Football in 1992.

'We had them in our pocket' - J. Mourinho, but could well have been R. Martinez in the last five league games

I don't have to like the game to enjoy the result. Like a so so shag with a so so bird- we got what we wanted but it wasn't great fun

Majestic, and entirely accurate

What was your opinion on Villa's excellent game management upon taking the lead?

Read this lot. All a bit too scientific for me. I want is our team to get out there, tear these useless teams like Burnley apart and come out with nice 3-0 wins.

Why are we not doing that Roberto?

Status
Not open for further replies.