The impending forward crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you try to bring a blue home in the summer?

Would a loan with an option, forgive a few of our striking sins?

* If we stay up............

I would ….

Back in the 90's Norwich were without a striker due to injury and stuck one of their young central defenders up front as a target man.

Chris Sutton scored 25 goals that season and went on to have a good career as a striker.

Wondering if that is something we should consider? Which of them has a good combination of height and pace and strength? Could also bring Branthwaite back and let him have a turn up front.

It's not like we are short of central defenders with height and Maupay is not cutting it.

Simms should be ahead of him at least.
Sutton at Norwich.
Warhurst at Sheffield Wednesday too. The 90s had a few of them.

From wiki…

Sheffield Wednesday came in for Warhurst in the summer of 1991, for £750,000. He began his career at the club as a solid defender, but midway through his second season, injuries to David Hirst and Mark Bright saw Warhurst deployed as an emergency striker. In a phenomenal sequence, he scored 12 goals in as many games, and after four years as a defender, was called up to the England national team as a striker.

Dublin at villa and Rob Lee at Newcastle also had spells swapping between defence/striker or midfield/striker too.

I didn't think the boy had it in him at this level but that today showed some real potential.

He ain't the best at holding it up, he ain't the best in the air, but running at goal and 1v1 he'll slot 9 times out of 10. Everyone who watches our u21/u23/uwhatever knows it because when he got a chance he basically finished it like tonight.

The question is would we make enough chances for him to feed off? Probably not.

Is he a better option than Maupay? 100%

The kids a slotter as proved tonight and I'm made up for him

Massive point tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.