The impending forward crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
I think we all know that DCL wont be a reliable feature of this team over the 17 games to come. He played close to peak performance on Saturday for an hour and couldn't manage more than that. The scandal that was the January transfer window cant be rectified now, and it doesn't look like the club are eyeing up any incoming players from the free transfer lists. So we're looking at having to be creative for the remaining games.

Maupay cant lead the line, as we know. He can play in a two or 4411 and maybe Dyche puts someone alongside him / on Saturday if the opposition wasn't as good as it was. I'm not sure though that Dyche will want to break up the three in midfield and two wide men. Those three looked very good together. If that's the case then maybe Simms is the other option to play a loan striker role, but there's no evidence he can do it at this level. Failing that we have Gray who can play in the middle and link up with Iwobi and McNeil in a more fluid attack when we have the ball. He's not great in the air though and I think we need more of a physical presence in the middle with any Dyche game plan. With that in mind Onana could be stripped out of midfield and replaced by Garner, although he seems some way off fitness. Onana looks as though he has the physicality for the role of target man though. To me he looks like he can be adapted to stand in until Calvert-Lewin gets back in if he's out just a few games.

What are people's views on this issue concerning solving this looming problem? Is there anyone else who can play up there or can find a likely partner in a 442? Is Dyche versatile enough to look at these players and play a different way to conjure up a few goals?

Thought things had been a bit too positive on here tbh.
It's not a negative thread, tbf.

I think we need to be prepared for this eventuality. I'm sure Dyche has been through it back to front a number of times before taking the job.

I'd like to have some reassurances he has a few options is all.

1f937-2642.png

It's not a negative thread, tbf.

I think we need to be prepared for this eventuality. I'm sure Dyche has been through it back to front a number of times before taking the job.

I'd like to have some reassurances he has a few options is all.

1f937-2642.png
There's no reassuring on this one mate tbh. If dcl is out Monday which it looks like them wee Neil will be up front. Let's see us adapt to that and not go for crosses in the box or hoofing it to him as a target man

Status
Not open for further replies.