The Great Alan Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
..It was a ‘where were you when Kennedy died’ moment when I heard about him passing away. I was on my way to a meeting in Leeds, on that M62 hill dropping down to Brighouse.

I loved the little fella. It’s not even close, he was the best i’ve seen playing for Everton. Ability that meant he was MoM in a World Cup Final at 21, plus a winning and fearless attitude married to a love of Everton. If there was a big game he’d deliver. The very best deliver in the big games.

The greatest was little curly Alan Ball.

me brother and brother in law were lucky enough to meet Bally at a Everton after dinner after he had retired he told them a great little tale that some might find hard to beleave but to me shows it how much he loved us .bally was manager at Southampton and we were in trouble near the bottom matt Le tiss was flying one our greatest go's to Le tiss in training the day before playing Everton tomorrow matt your ankle ok yes boss fine no matt were playing my Everton tomorrow your ankle ok with a little smile .le tiss never played and we won .they dont make them like Bally no more what a man one of the greatest.

Fantastic player,proven at a World Cup Final in 1966.. MotM 21 years of age
Goes on to become (for me) Everton Football Club ..what any player should aspire to be.
The accolades will never cease

My all time favourite player.
For those who saw him, no explanation required.
For those of you too young to see him, think of all the greats in your lifetime and Bally would be up there with every one of them.

I remember the game against United after he died, and the Mancs fair play to them, were singing his name.

I was sat in the Paddock in front of my eldest brother, who I always thought was as tough as anything, and his mate. I turned around to talk to him and they were both in bits. I didn’t know what to say. They idolised him like every Evertonian who had the privilege to see him play for us. My Dad said he was the best player he’d ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.