Homepage Update: The Frustration of Humiliation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.

Time for Moshiri, the whole club, and everyone taking a salary from it, to stop hiding behind excuses and platitudes, get their hands dirty, and sort this mess out.

Bitterly disappointed with Sam, his team selection and tactics at the weekend just waved the flag of surrender. He is culpable, to what expect I am not sure, if he cannot get his message across to the players, but he made his own bed with an approach like that.

Untold damage has been done by Koeman and Walsh. Walsh should unequivocally be fired.
All we are doing at present is just piling up problems.

Time for a fresh approach and much needed leadership, passion, and desire.

Saturday was one humiliation too far.

Fat Sam's not going to be bothered about this criticism one bit, he set out his stall to get 4-6 points from Leicester, arsenal and palace and chose for some reason to write off the arsenal game, he'll take his point v palace and keep on plodding us towards 40 points and nothing else - it's a disgrace

Great post mate, and now he has informed us that the season is over, words fail me, they really do, I have had a season ticket since 1961-62 season, and I am seriously thinking of packing it all in. But like I say a great post, cheers, and all the best.

Mate, don't pack it in...
The club is the fans and the fans are the club - we are the only ones 100% true to the club.
Players, managers, directors, even owners can come and go, but supporters, fans however we're termed are the club.
We have to keep banging the NSNO drum... we cannot settle for second best, ever... to do so would be to admit defeat.

AndyC submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

The Frustration of Humiliation...
samall-1024x461.jpg

Let me say up front that I am absolutely sick to death of writing missives about this horrendous season, but after the debacle at the Emirates, I’m afraid I’ve had to put fingers to keyboard again.

Ronald Koeman played a back three against Arsenal at Goodison, they scored five, we got destroyed and Koeman bit the dust.

Sam Allardyce made five changes to a winning team in order to accommodate a back three against Arsenal, they scored five, we got destroyed and I’m sorry Sam, but you too should be sacked.

Because Everton, the club, the players, the fans were utterly humiliated yesterday… and then Sam, you blamed everyone else without accepting any degree of responsibility for your decisions.

But you won’t be sacked, at least not just yet, and you and practically the entire Everton community know precisely why.

Because right now, Everton Football Club one of the founding members of the football league, the fourth most successful club in England appears ridiculously broken.

Yes, we have a brand new stadium project ongoing and one that hopefully we’ll grow to love and cherish as we do the Grand Old Lady. But right now, Bramley Moore Dock is a good four years away and Everton Football Club needs to prioritise a complete restructure of the Board of Directors, senior management and football operations.

The club has existed and operated for a generation on under investment, poor and weak management structure and implementation, and an acceptance that that survival is enough, when winning and being top dog is what matters, however it is achieved.

We’ve now got the investment, but the remainder of the problems remain absolutely in situ.

We need a winning mentality from top to bottom and we simply haven’t got it. Our greatest ever goalie, Neville Southall, has stated publicly that the fan base has been brainwashed into believing finishing top four is success when the only true measure of success is being number one – and he’s God damn right, on both counts.

I and no doubt thousands of Evertonians are still trying to figure out what on earth possessed Sam Allardyce to leave our leading scorer, most expensive player ever and recent £20million plus signing on the bench at the Emirates?

I and no doubt thousands of Evertonians are still trying to figure out why Phil Jagielka, who handled the pace threat of Jamie Vardy so well on Wednesday, was omitted from the squad for the Emirates in favour of the slower Ashley Williams?

I and no doubt thousands of Evertonians are still trying to figure out how Allardyce thought Morgan Schneiderlin was the right choice to combat Ozil, Xhaka and Ramsey in the midfield when he can’t tackle, doesn’t go forward and has a shocking work ethic this season? And if you don’t believe me Sam, check out the clips on social media of his half-arsed attempt to get back and prevent Mkhitaryan having a shot on target.

I and without a shadow of a doubt thousands of Evertonians are absolutely livid that Ademola Lookman, arguably our most exciting young prospect, was allowed to go to RB Leipzig on loan rather than be given a chance to show more of what he did against Liverpool in that substitute appearance?

Oh, and if you need evidence of a contrast in attitudes…

Ademola Lookman weighed up his situation, made his mind up and gave you, Sam, no wriggle room, he wanted out to go somewhere else to play, test himself and develop. He went and scored a debut winner in a league you suggested might be the wrong move for him at his age with language barriers etc… well, that analysis bit you straight in the ass didn’t it?

Morgan Schneiderlin on the other hand has played this season like he doesn’t care and doesn’t give a toss. Under Koeman he was poor, under Unsworth he and Mirallas disrespected the stand-in manager and the club, and since you’ve arrived, he still hasn’t shown any desire or intent to improve. His attitude and demeanour, in contrast to that of Ademola Lookman, stinks.

Sam, you said you prepared the team on the basis of what you saw Swansea achieve against Arsenal – are you kidding me/us?

Are you seriously saying that you couldn’t figure out what to do without modelling your game plan on that of a team eight places BELOW us?

Are you seriously suggesting that none of you, Walsh, Shakespeare, Lee or Ferguson had the gumption to devise an Everton game plan?

Because if the answer to any or all three of these questions is Yes, then you all need to pack your bags, clear your desks and get the hell out of Everton Football Club.

As we went into Christmas on a seven game unbeaten run and the threat of relegation largely dispelled, I hoped Sam, that you would seize the opportunity, the best you’ve ever had and now absolutely the last you’ll ever have, to actually do something with a ‘big’ club other than an annual escapologist act.

You’ve failed miserably and completely to seize the moment, the greatest opportunity of your career and after that Emirates performance alone, you along with Walsh, Shakespeare, Lee and Ferguson should hang your collective heads in shame.

Relegation was a terrible, terrible prospect but right now, I and maybe thousands of Evertonians are more sick of the humiliations we keep enduring.

Mr.Moshiri – if you’re not already searching for a new manager and support team, then you should be. Because if you’re not and you think the present manager, his team and DoF are the men for next season and beyond, then maybe you’re not the man for Everton Football Club either.

Mr.Moshiri, who is the skipper on the bridge of our ship?
Is anybody on the bridge steering our ship out of troubled waters?

Because right now, I and thousands of Evertonians see nothing but icebergs on the horizon !

Origin, my personal blog - https://andycostigan.wordpress.com

Post of the season

There have been enough hints dropped around that the changes were to rest players for 'winnable games'.
Didn't Moshiri mention this winnable games shight well before Christmas, maybe even 'Before Sam' (or BS as it is known) - if so he's acting under orders - which he most probably has some agreement with in principle...but orders none the less.
Moshiri is behind his man for the season, after that who knows...but I wouldnt bet too much against another season as well.

But I hope to God he has somebody decent lined up - I can't take this for another season

Spot on @AndyC think its time for a top down re-organisation. Kenwright removed from Chairman, Woods bought out completley, Elstone booted to Aldi.

Then we got onto my fav, good old Gravy Train Steve. I'd fire him to the moon; he's been a cancer to this club for 18 months now and has somehow escaped punishment.

Next in line would be fat sam and his gang of merry men. Everyone of them gone, from his sports scientist to a cleaner that he's brough in to feed off this club should have their lockers emptied.

Next up, the old boys network at the club; if you've been here for more than 5 years then see you later. Pack your bags and off you trot.

If the DoF model is something that the club want then pick an experienced football man, a winner, someone who has experience of working with top players. Possibly an LVG type; come in and overtake all football operations, no grey areas. Set out how we play, design a framework which will be implements from the first team to the u11's - install consistency throughout the club.

The manager is the final piece, a not some throw back to the Moyes era; no Dyche, no Howe, put your cards on the table and roll the dice on a name.

The club is rancid from top to bottom, i fail to see how Moshiri doesn't see this. If he's blind to it then he needs to either sell up or appoint someone like Dein who he gives full day-to-day control to.

Shakespear did okish at Leicester surely till the end of the season he could steady the ship - cost wise cheap - our best away performance in Europe was under him - pay the severance of Sam and co and give him the job till the end of the season it could not get worse could it.......

Wouldn’t be the first time Shakespeare stabbed a buddy in the back

We are spending to much money for mediocrity. Time to take a deep breathe and analyze this whole squad in the summer and begin to understand the desire and shortcomings of our Coaching staff and administration.

Spot on @AndyC think its time for a top down re-organisation. Kenwright removed from Chairman, Woods bought out completley, Elstone booted to Aldi.

Then we got onto my fav, good old Gravy Train Steve. I'd fire him to the moon; he's been a cancer to this club for 18 months now and has somehow escaped punishment.

Next in line would be fat sam and his gang of merry men. Everyone of them gone, from his sports scientist to a cleaner that he's brough in to feed off this club should have their lockers emptied.

Next up, the old boys network at the club; if you've been here for more than 5 years then see you later. Pack your bags and off you trot.

If the DoF model is something that the club want then pick an experienced football man, a winner, someone who has experience of working with top players. Possibly an LVG type; come in and overtake all football operations, no grey areas. Set out how we play, design a framework which will be implements from the first team to the u11's - install consistency throughout the club.

The manager is the final piece, a not some throw back to the Moyes era; no Dyche, no Howe, put your cards on the table and roll the dice on a name.

The club is rancid from top to bottom, i fail to see how Moshiri doesn't see this. If he's blind to it then he needs to either sell up or appoint someone like Dein who he gives full day-to-day control to.

I assume Seamus is not included in this.
I let Jags go not because he’s 5 yrs or more here but because he’s not up to it any more
A great servant to the club

He wasn't fit for the job before or after Walter Smith, before or after Moyes and he certainly wasn't fit to do the job this season. Absolute soul-destroying, small-time appointment of an absolute dinosaur, a horrible man and an incompetent tactician.

If we beat Palace we have 34 points and we are basically safe. Get rid of him and get Silva in. All for cheaper than paying the compo that Watford were looking. The man is a infected sore on Everton Football Club.
Stopped reading at "get Silva in" another loser

Status
Not open for further replies.