The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed mate. But as @Azza has eloquently pointed out tonight the one thing that koeman and us as fans, desperately knew was required was a striker. It all seems to me as if he was trying to make Ronald a scapegoat, I've signed 9 players it's now your team, I expect top 6, yet the most important part of the jigsaw has not been acquired.
This is the thing that got me. The man's a coward, his team failed to deliver the one thing that RonKo and the fans have been asking for all summer, hell all year, yet he's getting his shots in early making out that it won't be his fault if it goes belly up. He needs to take a long look at his board and his recruitment structure. And at himself.

A certain club rejected £130 mil for one of their key players from one of the best teams in the world and broke two club transfer records and signed a 40 mil player on deadline day.

Another club sold their star striker for 90 mil and replaced him with a 5 mil replacement, broke their transfer record only once and signed a fringe player for 8 mil on deadline day and barely spent any of their own money and would have broke even if they had sold a player who is out of contract in 12 months.
Agree with everything you say there mate. only issue is you may have been better leaving it until tomorrow night once the Spanish window closes.

Do what math? It clearly states that we have only broken the club record signing once

What math do you want me to do? Algebra? Calculus?

Haha are you kidding me?! Is there any transfer that list has gotten right? We did not pay 32 million for lukaku or 18 for fellaini or 16 for niasse or 20 or morgs

I thought Mr Moshiri acquitted himself well in that telephone conversation with Jim White. He was professional, cool, concise.

However, it does look like our "sell to buy" transfer policy hasn't changed.

We weren't going to sign a Raúl Jiménez or a Jamie Vardy until Barkley was sold.

Last edited:
Was absolutely car crash listening mate

Said so many stupid comments

Threw a player completely under the bus (marked contrast to last seasons McCarthy wankfest from him)

Did you want Mr Moshiri to lie and say: "Ross has stayed coz he's a big blue la and he wants to sign a new five year contract."

I thought Mr Moshiri acquitted himself well in that telephone conversation with Jim White. He was professional, cool, concise.

However, it does look like our "sell to buy" transfer policy hasn't changed.

We weren't going to sign a Raúl Jiménez or a Jamie Vardy until Barkley was sold.

Yeah and the players we signed earlier in the summer, god Everton are really splashing the cash we all said.But sadly it turned out that all those players, were bought with the Lukaku money.The club is in a financially sounder position than before, there has been substantial progress on the new stadium, but sadly Everton are still a sell to buy club.The fact that Barkley is still here, and a replacement for Rom has not been secured with the deadline passed has confirmed that.

Whatever the circumstances something stinks to high heaven that it's Moshiri who is shunted out as the spokesman for failure when the snake oil salesmen Kenwright and Elstone are chuckling away in the background.

Would Abramovich, Joe Lewis, or John W Henry be putting themselves in this position?

Yet again the communications strategy from the club is an utter disaster at a sensitive moment. Another thing that still has not been put right.

Yeah and the players we signed earlier in the summer, god Everton are really splashing the cash we all said.But sadly it turned out that all those players, were bought with the Lukaku money.The club is in a financially sounder position than before, there has been substantial progress on the new stadium, but sadly Everton are still a sell to buy club.The fact that Barkley is still here, and a replacement for Rom has not been secured with the deadline passed has confirmed that.
Has there been substantial progress on the stadium or all smoke and mirrors all told,remember the other lot with a spade in the park on their new ground that didn't happen.

Whatever the circumstances something stinks to high heaven that it's Moshiri who is shunted out as the spokesman for failure when the snake oil salesmen Kenwright and Elstone are chuckling away in the background.

Would Abramovich, Joe Lewis, or John W Henry be putting themselves in this position?

Yet again the communications strategy from the club is an utter disaster at a sensitive moment. Another thing that still has not been put right.
He employs them. Was his choice to keep them on board against almost every Evertonians better instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.