The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made perfect sense.

Barkley is technically ours but we don't want him and he will look for a move in January when he's healthy.

We didn't get a striker, but we are a stronger squad in other areas. We will let the team play together and re-evaluate what kind of striker we need in January.

The other top teams are spending crazy money. It's harder to compete for players of that caliber.

GOT fumes are toxic. Go out and get some fresh air.

Sucks soggy arse that we didn't get a top striker. Whatever.

He made perfect sense.

Barkley is technically ours but we don't want him and he will look for a move in January when he's healthy.

We didn't get a striker, but we are a stronger squad in other areas. We will let the team play together and re-evaluate what kind of striker we need in January.

The other top teams are spending crazy money. It's harder to compete for players of that caliber.

GOT fumes are toxic. Go out and get some fresh air.

I agree. Thought he seemed pretty honest in the interview - or do we want the Bobby b*llshit back.

how does this interview make moshiri out to be a fraud? i don't get it.

I don't think it does either, but given that in virtually every pre/post match interview over the past fortnight Koeman has repeatedly said he could do with a new striker / left-sided centre-half, it makes the club look a bit amateurish. I suspect it's probably a case of us not getting our main targets (Giroud?) and Moshiri was saving face in the interview. Certainly though sounded like the Barkley situation obviously caught him off-guard.

No issues with him castigating Barkley because he has acted appallingly today. But it's utterly disgraceful that he even answered that question about whether Barkley could play down the line. That's not his business and he should be keeping his nose out of selections.

Utterly embarrasing. And seems to be setting koeman up for a fall. "This squad is now 80% his" "We hope for top 6". Unprofessional in the extreme for someone with such supposed business acumen to do an interview on live TV whilst being utterly unprepared. His name is Vlasic by the way.

He clearly has done good things off field but this kind of thing, that he continues to persist in doing, despite the ridiculous mccarthy stuff last year, is totally cringeworthy and amateurish.
Looking back on this and past interviews, he needs to stop doing public relations because he clearly doesn't understand it. Don't see what is wrong with being honest about his expectations, he is being ambitious which is what people want and it is 80% koemans team.

Nope only once

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/transferrekorde/verein/29

Coutinho wanted to go to Barca who can blame him but he hasn't and it appears neymar may have also convinced him that a move to Barca would not have been beneficial to him. Maybe coutinho will regret the way he acted but the key point is he is staying which imo makes then even stronger now.

Nope! Twice. lukaku was previously for 28 million. Do the math lad.

Yeah he acted the way he did because he didn't want to go to barca. To me they have a unhapoy player who has burned his bridges with the manager and the fans. If the manager brings him back into the fold he'll be seen as weak if he stays stong then they loose out on being able to play one of their best players.

Nope! Twice. lukaku was previously for 28 million. Do the math lad.

Yeah he acted the way he did because he didn't want to go to barca. To me they have a unhapoy player who has burned his bridges with the manager and the fans. If the manager brings him back into the fold he'll be seen as weak if he stays stong then they loose out on being able to play one of their best players.
Do what math? It clearly states that we have only broken the club record signing once

What math do you want me to do? Algebra? Calculus?

Looking back on this and past interviews, he needs to stop doing public relations because he clearly doesn't understand it. Don't see what is wrong with being honest about his expectations, he is being ambitious which is what people want and it is 80% koemans team.

Agreed mate. But as @Azza has eloquently pointed out tonight the one thing that koeman and us as fans, desperately knew was required was a striker. It all seems to me as if he was trying to make Ronald a scapegoat, I've signed 9 players it's now your team, I expect top 6, yet the most important part of the jigsaw has not been acquired.

No issues with him castigating Barkley because he has acted appallingly today. But it's utterly disgraceful that he even answered that question about whether Barkley could play down the line. That's not his business and he should be keeping his nose out of selections.

When did he pass comment on him being selected or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.