The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I thought Mosh came across really well, despite the fact that he was trying to defend the indefensible.
Because I didn't think he came across professionally at all.

I don't believe in throwing players under a bus like he did with Barkley, even if they deserve it, as think it best to keep that behind closed doors. And if something is indefensible I think the best approach is to admit it is indefensible or at worst just not comment at all rather than try to spin it.

What the heck did people expect him to be like? He's an accountant not a football manager, or an actor or a tv personality. Reading between the lines though, I felt he sounded more than a bit pissed off with Ross and his agent, and thus, good or bad, could not contain his thoughts on that. Can't see the lad playing for us again. Will probably go for a reduced price in January, or shipped out free in the summer. Either way, it will not look good on the accountant's spreadsheet now, and that is what bothers this fella the most.

Because I didn't think he came across professionally at all.

I don't believe in throwing players under a bus like he did with Barkley, even if they deserve it, as think it best to keep that behind closed doors. And if something is indefensible I think the best approach is to admit it is indefensible or at worst just not comment at all rather than try to spin it.

Indeed.

Why on earth did he feel the need to go on national TV and say all that?

Indeed.

Why on earth did he feel the need to go on national TV and say all that?
Perhaps he views his back room ownership like one of those WWII movies with pieces being pushed around a big tabletop map with sticks? Maybe this is HIS cup final day - the TDD! I don't really mind that he sounds bad, as long as he helps fund the success of our club but someone surely should be giving him better advice.

Perhaps he views his back room ownership like one of those WWII movies with pieces being pushed around a big tabletop map with sticks? Maybe this is HIS cup final day - the TDD! I don't really mind that he sounds bad, as long as he helps fund the success of our club but someone surely should be giving him better advice.

lol

I don't like the way he shoots his mouth off to the media.He kind of gives out the impression that he's a public mouthpiece for Kenwright and Elstone.The whole Barkley fiasco was handled appallingly.I thought the club is supposed to be more professional now?

I don't like the way he shoots his mouth off to the media.He kind of gives out the impression that he's a public mouthpiece for Kenwright and Elstone.The whole Barkley fiasco was handled appallingly.I thought the club is supposed to be more professional now?

Yip.....so did I :(

No one is exempt from blame IMO......even the flipping manager was off in Portugal playing golf while this fiasco was unfolding :hayee:

Im going to attempt to the fill the void left by Davek

Did anyone notice how the rage from not signing a striker has now switched towards Barkley turning down Chelsea. A cynic might suggest that Moshiri's Barkley exclusive came at a convenient time.

tinfoilhat.jpg

Woah there....... He's gone?

Oh well, at least we know where we stand with who is in charge. I guess the most important thing is getting the stadium up and running and hopefully that brings in the kind of firm interest we require to move onwards and upwards.
If Moshiri had said from the outset that we will remain competitive but that our focus is on delivering Bramley Moore then I would have been fine with that.

He didn't though, he spoke of £70m bids for a centre-half and how he will give all he has to support the manager. He hasn't done this and this has scuppered our season. As it stands our attacking players will not deliver the goals we need to progress on the field.

A really disappointing end to what had started out as a spectacular transfer window. Moshiri is not delivering on his own public commitments.

Yip.....so did I :(

No one is exempt from blame IMO......even the flipping manager was off in Portugal playing golf while this fiasco was unfolding :hayee:
Which suggests to me Koeman didn't think we'd sign anyone last minute.

If he did he'd have been at FF. From his interview, Vlasic was all but sealed after the EL game so he knew about him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.