The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was amazingly bad lol it was like one of Bills but just in a different voice. Them two must have an absolute blast together lol

Oh well, at least we know where we stand with who is in charge. I guess the most important thing is getting the stadium up and running and hopefully that brings in the kind of firm interest we require to move onwards and upwards.

Ronald Koeman on a striker and centre back (28/08/17): "Everyone knows, the board knows, the importance of those two signings."

Because of the above, Koeman wanted a striker and LB/LCD, and he was publicly pressuring the board so Moshiri wanted to sell Barkely and use the money to get those 2 players, Barkley (according to many reports for few months) wanted to move to Spurs so wasn't interested about Chelsea, him being out till New Year made Spurs (obviously with Barkley's agent) cool their interest for now and get him cheaply in January.

So you now have a pissed off Koeman, Moshiri made the public appearance to put the blame on Barkley and promise Koeman he will have funds in January and that we need some time for all the players to gel.

Things are not looking good behind the scene......

They sure ain't.

you think we have done worse business than them? because i don't think we have. we've addressed every weakness except one, they still haven't addressed any of theirs and will have said player stroppy because he didn't get his move.
I think they have done incredible business probably as good if not better than us. Their failure to strengthen in defence doesn't really matter if they are beating arsenal 4-0 at home and we can barely get over the line against Stoke. We needed a striker more than they needed a defender.

Coutinho has also spoken to neymar and neymar has convinced him he would regret moving to Barca. Seems coutinho is happy to stay now.

"He wants to consider his position until the january window" and "Technichally he will be with us", is what Farhad Moshiri stuttered out on live Sky TV with Jim White. It's still early on and I'm sorry for the quality, but here's the whole thing in two parts. Feel free to post a better clip.

So, how awkward was that? What are we reading into this? Will Oumar Niasse stay another 6 months? Will we ever see Barkley play for us again?

This is not only a kneejerk thing, i am genuinely curious about how this interview changed your perception of the chairman Moshiri, who frankly seemed to be rather popular in here.

Fraud? Or just genuinely unprepared and just not versed in showmanship like Kenwright?

That's not Mosh. Jims been had off

A certain club rejected £130 mil for one of their key players from one of the best teams in the world and broke two club transfer records and signed a 40 mil player on deadline day.

Another club sold their star striker for 90 mil and replaced him with a 5 mil replacement, broke their transfer record only once and signed a fringe player for 8 mil on deadline day and barely spent any of their own money and would have broke even if they had sold a player who is out of contract in 12 months.

Or you could say a certain club had backed themselves into a corner so they couldn't sell a player who has refused to playfor them, faked injuries then made himself available for his country, told the manager to not put him in the champions leauge squad, totally disrespected the club again and again, will probably end up having a negative impact on the whole squad and will end up going anyway but now for drastically less then they originally got offered. Or that they made out like they were going to bring in vvd, keita and lemar and ended up bringing in one of the most bang avarage for 35 million pounds

Oh and we broke our transfer record twice as well (not that it matters) pickford was 30 million and sigurdsson was 45 million.

Depends on how you spin it I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.