the fans

could fans be to blame too??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nar mate, just not having that whatsoever

It's like that when were 1-0 down at home to sheff United or whatever but when the team are putting effort in goodison is boss

Goodison is hardly ever boss these days which tells you all you need to know about the players and effort
Fair enough, I understand the effort and reward statement but there are just so many die hard moaners there, it kills it.

I should mention that filling out stadiums under any circumstances isn’t always a good thing. It’s why Moshiri and Billy K put up with the crap from our managers for so long.

It's a cynical cess pit, my son won't even go any more. Full of old men trying to sound more negative than the other. Any player makes an error and the fans are off, then said player does something good and he's world class. Bores me these days.

They all have a “ pet “ player that they hate too and even if the player is having the game of his life, they still give him non stop dogs abuse.

Inappropriate Language
here it goes...

English culture is "WE PAY MONEE SO WE WANT DEM TO PLAY GUD DEN WE WILL SUPORT DEM" so in that sense we are great, we sell out everywhere but in reality, we boo, sigh at backpasses, fume at everything and its silent every game, every week. We might be good compared to english but thats because the others are pathetic.

Telling ye now, If that performance happened in any other country in a derby, the fans would've been waiting outside for the players, would've turned up next day at training to rip them to shreds and get answers.

We've boo'd them for years, i think we should always get behind players when they lose but losing to a bunch of kids is a [Poor language removed] joke.

Last edited:

Already vastly outnumber us in terms of fans under the age of 15. Ratio of kids in my mates class must be about 5:1.

As you say, why would you put up with this crap when you could support the Champions of Europe instead.
Sadly the tide has already turned hasn't it. When they're champions of England and lets face it, retain the champions league there'll be no coming back for this generationof kids. Building that new stadium for a slow decline in numbers.

As said numerous times over the years. We are a reactive crowd who depending on what happens on the pitch, can bring the house down with noise, or be as quiet as a library.

Our fans can be blamed for certain things

1. Toxicity towards our youngsters
2. Our love of unbearably crap players such as Naismith, Straq, Niasse, etc.
3. Our inconsistent expectations since Martinez
4. Our weird supporters that go to every game just to shout abuse all day long at our own

I don’t think our fans are the mythological deities they are made out to be. As a whole, we are decent. We have some very wronguns amongst us as well. C+
this is a refreshing honest approach i was hoping for. thank u.

I'm not sure what you would blame the fans for, other than a well-developed cynicism over a long period of time. To take an example from this side of the pond, the Washington Redskins have been abysmal for decades now. They used to have a years-long waiting list for season tickets, and now the place is half empty.

(There's an old joke about the New Orleans Saints, who were similarly bad for a very long time, that a fan with two season tickets can't bear to go and can't even give them away. He decides to leave them out on the dashboard of his car and leaves the door unlocked, hoping someone will take them. When he returns, he finds four season tickets.)

We still fill Goodison, so we have some loyal fans indeed. It would be better if the worst of them would shut their mouths, to be sure. But overall we have great support in this day and age, all things considered.

We call ourselves the People’s Club’ but I’ve never seen a team with so little connection to its fanbase as the present side. I’m sure many fans of other clubs should share that sentiment, as the modern footballer is mostly a mercenary and only goes to a club which pays the most money. Sadly we have wasted tens of millions and paid over the odds in wages, to recruit players under the Moshiri era. This has been a reflection of the players attitude on the field, they’ve achieved their ‘aim’ of netting their biggest payday since joining us, not the aim of becoming heroes amongst the fans and bringing success to a club. To be successful you need need: heart, passion and ability to be a successful player. Some of our players don’t possess any of these qualities. Is it little wonder, we are witnessing the level of performance we currently are.

I hate them , it’s a strong word but I really do and it’s not happened overnight it’s took me a long time to get here .
To think when we were younger, even in the barren 70s, when we had some poor teams, but we still had heroes on the pitch. Mike Lyons, Bob Latchford, Andy King. All players would run through a brick wall for the club. Genuinely I really worry if we get into a relegation scrap and I see not one player with leadership and passion within the current side. God knows what Mike Lyons and Bob Latchford thought of that yesterday. Burg Dunc in his cameo made the players aware of what it means to play for this club, but they’ve soon reverted to type with the half hearted attempt to play football that we witnessed yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.