The Everton Board Thread

Liverpool sold Coutinho because FSG are not benefactors like Mansour, Usmanov, Abramovich etc are.

If Liverpool get bought oot by some gulf state or multi billionaire wanting a plaything they could spend a lot of cash without needing to sell anyone with the current rules in place (same as Utd).

I don't dispute its our own fault we're in the doldrums currently - but a lot of fans are naive to the current football pyramid which is essentially clubs like us, Villa, WHU, Wolves etc spending big money to not be in any real position to break the monopoly as the rules essentially mean having to lose a top player every 1-2 summers to allow to continue building which means an unrealistic 5+ summers of perfecto recruitment to keep pushing forward and thats not taking into account the possibility of your manager or DOF being pinched at any point if they are doing a good job.

If UEFA/PL wanted fairness it would be a salary and/or transfer cap across the board but if that happened you would start seeing small but well run clubs like Brighton getting into the CL but Brighton vs Sevilla in a CL semi tie isn't as lucrative for BT, SKY, BEIN etc as Liverpool vs Real Madrid is hence why it'll never happen.

The top clubs will also use the ESL plans to threaten their way into getting what they want from the brass at the top now.

The whole thing stinks.
But why should United, a club who have spent the last 30 years growing their business, have as much to spend as Brighton, who 5 years ago were playing in League Two, possibly.

You only think its unfair cos Everton have made many mistakes, if we spent the money wisely, you wouldnt care.

The system isnt fair and if we hadnt had messed it all I would probably be calling them all sorts, like you, but Evertons problems are solely down to Everton.

It seems stupid to blame others.

Because it was too soon, one of the reasons we are in this mess is because of the amount of managers we have had, which is all on Moshiri, not hiring him was one thing, once we did we had to give him time, ok when he left it had to be done, but October sacking was never an option

You say the writting was on the wall in October? Were do you stand on Lampard because Rafael got off to a much better season start then Frank has.

When you say this board do you mean Bill and just Bill? Because we didnt have this mess whenhe owned the club.

But you take it for granted things will get better with a new board, no evidence of that, not with an absent owner, besides I bet you also took it for granted when Bill owned the club that a new owner would see us improve, guess what, it actually seen us get worse, a lot worse.
- October was never an option
Spurs saw Nuno wasn't working, fired him in October, acted fast and appointed a world class manager.
- Benitez inherited a solid enough squad from Ancelotti, Lampard inherited an absolute cluster from Benitez. There have been some terrible performances under Lampard but none that equal that loss to Watford. I'm happy to see how Jan goes for Frank.
- No I mean Bill and the board. We finished 17th when bill owned the club. We also fell down the ranking of important clubs.
- I tell you what I didn't expect, I didn't expect the chairman to sell the club and stay on as chair. Clearly stipulated in the sale and limiting the interest in the club. Any sensible buyer would have taken one look at Everton being run like a corner shop and turned those terms down.

Spurs saw Nuno wasn't working, fired him in October, acted fast and appointed a world class manager.
There circumstances are different, and they were able to attract a world class replacement, no chance of us doing that last October, besides you don't sack a manager because of one bad game.
- Benitez inherited a solid enough squad from Ancelotti, Lampard inherited an absolute cluster from Benitez. There have been some
ive got no problen with what Frank did last season, even if he did put us in the bottom three, but he has started this season worse, and he hasn't helped himself with those two Bournemouth results, one of which was of his own doing with an inexcusable starting 11
terrible performances under Lampard but none that equal that loss to Watford. I'm happy to see how Jan goes for Frank.
Jan for Frank? We could be as good as finished by the end of it, be too late to change then. I just hope he pulls it off as I like him despite him being our worst manager for a long time.
- No I mean Bill and the board. We finished 17th when bill owned the club. We also fell down the ranking of important clubs.
We also finished 4th....
- I tell you what I didn't expect, I didn't expect the chairman to sell the club and stay on as chair. Clearly stipulated in the sale and
maybe not but that hasn't necessarily been a bad thing, who did you think Moshiri was going to get to do it? Looking at his connections and recruitment i dread to think

limiting the interest in the club. Any sensible buyer would have taken one look at Everton being run like a corner shop and turned those terms down.
Well if we get sold now he is even gone or kept on by choice as the next owner has no obligation to Bill.

But that money if spent wisely doesnt equal long term success - it equals a few 6th-7th placed finishes look at what West Ham, Wolves, Villa have spent over the years.

Im not going into circles with you on this as I know you genuinely believe the rules in place are fair for all and thats fair enough you're entitled to your opinion but all the evidence points towards the rules benefiting the cartel at the top who dont want another 3-4 Man City and Chelseas popping up with no restrictions on spending power because their CL position's and revenues are then in real danger.

Man Utd can waste £600 millions and then another £600 millions until they get it right without having to sell anyone.

We had to sell Richarlison & James (wages) just in recent years to spend further - prior to that we could only spend what we did by also selling Lukaku, Stones, Gana and Barkley for a combined £170 millions and thats with USM dodgy sponsers and a one off £30 millions payment for the naming rights option of BMD.

Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal even Spurs dont have to do that. And thats why we'll never a level playing field and why simply booting Kenwrong and Denise wont really change anything significantly for us certainly not in the short to medium term.
It would change the mentality at the club, which is ultimately the biggest problem.
Until we stop accepting 'bill comes first' we won't matter.
He should have been hounded out eons ago but too many supporters swallow his bs.

- Benitez inherited a solid enough squad from Ancelotti, Lampard inherited an absolute cluster from Benitez. There have been some terrible performances under Lampard but none that equal that loss to Watford. I'm happy to see how Jan goes for Frank.
- I tell you what I didn't expect, I didn't expect the chairman to sell the club and stay on as chair. Clearly stipulated in the sale and limiting the interest in the club. Any sensible buyer would have taken one look at Everton being run like a corner shop and turned those terms down.
Benitez didn’t inherit much of a squad. I’m not defending him, but that statement is simply not true. The squad was poor under Ancelotti. We had FFP issues that have dogged us for seasons now. Siggy couldn’t play, James had to leave for FFP reasons. Our midfield was Gomes, Davies, Doucoure and Allan. We didn’t have any wingers, our right back needed replacing and the CB situation was poor.

I like frank but I think he’s not up to the job of managing Everton. This is based on the points per game since he’s been here. I think keeping in him place during the World Cup break is a mistake. Hope I’m wrong.

I’m hoping we don’t look back on this decision and realise it was a big contributing factor to us getting relegated. This is on the board.

If frank and thelwell get the forward recruitment wrong we are in serious trouble.

If the Super League doesn’t happen, you will end up with some pre season “tournament” in the Middle East. Will be the biggest teams in Europe all getting a massive pay cheque to play in it and the winner getting £200 million. That’s the way it’s going to go.

If the Super League doesn’t happen, you will end up with some pre season “tournament” in the Middle East. Will be the biggest teams in Europe all getting a massive pay cheque to play in it and the winner getting £200 million. That’s the way it’s going to go.
How do you know?

Benitez didn’t inherit much of a squad. I’m not defending him, but that statement is simply not true. The squad was poor under Ancelotti. We had FFP issues that have dogged us for seasons now. Siggy couldn’t play, James had to leave for FFP reasons. Our midfield was Gomes, Davies, Doucoure and Allan. We didn’t have any wingers, our right back needed replacing and the CB situation was poor.
ancelotti had doucoure, Allan and even Davies playing well.
james was shipped out after the window shut. No one knows the Ins and outs but id imagine, given the siggi situation, they could have held on to him till Jan.
bemitez hated him, that’s likely why he was shipped out.
Digne played well, Godfrey was great.
it was a top half squad till Benitez and his awful man management wrecked it.

Fair play to those who wrote the letter and behind the campaign.

They want better for the club and are trying to make change.

Baffling that they get stick for wanting a better club. Who cares who actually wrote the letter. It’s spot on with its content.

Amazing that some blues criticise it whilst watching HMS Everton heading straight into an iceberg and sinking into the championship. We’re going down.

How can anyone be happy with an average or 1 point per game? 3 wins in 15? Are you happy with zero communication from the club? Happy with baxendale running a loss making company and the chairman saying ‘you’ve had good times’ when asked! Those two should have been ran out of town years ago.

One bad signing in jan and we’re destined for the championship for god knows how long. But let’s focus on whether the Esk contributed to a letter or not hey? Pathetic

Fair play to those who wrote the letter and behind the campaign.

They want better for the club and are trying to make change.

Baffling that they get stick for wanting a better club. Who cares who actually wrote the letter. It’s spot on with its content.

Amazing that some blues criticise it whilst watching HMS Everton heading straight into an iceberg and sinking into the championship. We’re going down.

How can anyone be happy with an average or 1 point per game? 3 wins in 15? Are you happy with zero communication from the club? Happy with baxendale running a loss making company and the chairman saying ‘you’ve had good times’ when asked! Those two should have been ran out of town years ago.

One bad signing in jan and we’re destined for the championship for god knows how long. But let’s focus on whether the Esk contributed to a letter or not hey? Pathetic
Said it for a long time, the 27 campaign, the Blue Union and others before them..... Proper Evertonians who just want better than what's being dished up. The stick they get for trying something is ridiculous. Honestly? I don't agree with their matchday strategy at Goodison but I guess I'm more disruptive than they are.

They actually believe our motto is something worth striving for. The fact it's really hard to be competitive in modern football with rules designed to protect the 'top teams' shouldn't prevent us from working to improve in every possible way to get closer to all those teams teams we've fallen behind.

Our board is stuck in the past, led by a sentimental old fool who is worryingly out of touch or just plain deluded. (delete as appropriate) Moshiris biggest mistake (and there's plenty to chose from) was not launching him into Liverpool Bay on day one and installing actual business professionals to protect and grow his investment. There's clubs in the National League with a more clearly defined strategy than Everton.

They should be ashamed of themselves. The 2nd best paid board in the league and and continually languishing near the bottom. Unable to properly support the manager because they have broken spending rules that everybody in football is aware of. Crowing about 'club record' commercial deals with companies linked to our owner with absolutely zero input from our commercial department.

High horse preaching about betting sponsors only to go cap in hand to another once Putin decided to invade Ukraine. Utterly embassing.

Yet people defend them. "What about Everton in the Community? Thats something to be proud of!“ Guess what? We're not the only club to have a charity arm. Without digging I'd wager a few others does similar levels of great work as Everton. We only hear about it because Everton has very little else to shout about. The charity arm and the stadium.

The stadium? Absolutely NOTHING to do with this board. Don't ever forget that. This board, this chairman LIED to shareholders over Kings Dock. Money was secure, 'Ringfenced.' It wasn't, he even turned down the offer of money from a fellow board member because it meant good old Bill diluting his grip on the throne. God knows where we'd be now had we moved into Kings Dock around 2006/2007. He then listens to 'friends of Everton' who whisper sweet nothings into his ear over Kirkby. "Effectively free", Goodison can't get a safety certificate, we have to move. He was going to relocate us out of the city, our city as the senior club and turn us into Wigan. An afterthought where nobody gives a toss.

"But he's an Evertonian!"

If he was he'd have sold and stepped aside years ago. He's had opportunities but as with everything else.... Bill comes first.

Fans who support him? I feel sorry for them. It's tiring trying to explain to them. They'll never get it. They have the Everton they deserve.

The rest of us should fight for it. Put aside whatever thoughts you have about people involved in the campaign (all good Evertonians by the way, so that's weird in itself) and support the message. You have absolutely no right to piss and moan about how crap Everton are yet mock the 27 people for trying something.

The time for Change was when Kings Dock fell through due to our chairman's ineptitude and egotistical behaviour. Still, better late the never.