The Everton Board Thread

I don't get this 3 games 9 points shout - we'd be doing well to average 2 points per game.
We only averaged 1 point per game last year when we woeful.

We have had a COUPLE of games and been competitive in them.

You can't expect all of the business to be done before game 1. Particularly when it has been so poorly ran for so long.

Frank and Kevin seem to be joining up and are being smart under the cards they were dealt.

Give them time and support, you can't heap the frustration of the past into pressurising those in charge now.

Kenwright and Co must go. But have patience that change is coming and we look to be approaching everything better than we had under Moshiri before.

Where is the evidence change is coming

£60m sale, but over 7 weeks later there is no replacement. That looks very like the old Everton and that nothing has changed.

Where is the evidence change is coming
IMO

They have sourced a decent DOF and a Manager who is a draw for players, at a time when our club isn't, who knows modern football and is connected better than any of the recent managers we have had with the fans.

We are strongest when together, as the end of last season proved.

The fact he was able to repair the damage to what looked like certain relegation is testament to FL and his ability to bring fans being together. This is a big change from before under SA, FSW and RK and even MS.

Frank, has done smart business and a lot of business early. Focused on strengthening in Defence with leaders, and in Midfield.

Hands must have been tied with Richy and now possibly Gordon to stay within P&L assurances.

Got rid of Rhino, and others and Paul Tait seems to have started well, which bodes well for the development of the youngsters, particularly when so many have their heads swayed by City etc.

Getting loans for our promising youngsters after they sign contracts, and negotiating better deals with other clubs for players.

But biggest of all for me is the ability to walk away and not be held to ransom past what you value a player.

Good Quick Decision Making re Dele too.

All this and they have had a hell of a half season and pre season to work together.

Yes a striker is needed.

They will have agreements lined up, and it will likely depend on lots of variables who we end up with.

But you can't expect they have the luxury of getting who they want, when they want them given how things have gone.

So Patience shouldn't be that big an ask, unless you are an utter, bed wetting, arl arse sulerblooo crank.

IMO

They have sourced a decent DOF and a Manager who is a draw for players, at a time when our club isn't, who knows modern football and is connected better than any of the recent managers we have had with the fans.

We are strongest when together, as the end of last season proved.

The fact he was able to repair the damage to what looked like certain relegation is testament to FL and his ability to bring fans being together. This is a big change from before under SA, FSW and RK and even MS.

Frank, has done smart business and a lot of business early. Focused on strengthening in Defence with leaders, and in Midfield.

Hands must have been tied with Richy and now possibly Gordon to stay within P&L assurances.

Got rid of Rhino, and others and Paul Tait seems to have started well, which bodes well for the development of the youngsters, particularly when so many have their heads swayed by City etc.

Getting loans for our promising youngsters after they sign contracts, and negotiating better deals with other clubs for players.

But biggest of all for me is the ability to walk away and not be held to ransom past what you value a player.

Good Quick Decision Making re Dele too.

All this and they have had a hell of a half season and pre season to work together.

Yes a striker is needed.

They will have agreements lined up, and it will likely depend on lots of variables who we end up with.

But you can't expect they have the luxury of getting who they want, when they want them given how things have gone.

So Patience shouldn't be that big an ask, unless you are an utter, bed wetting, arl arse sulerblooo crank.

Sending young players on loan, replacing Unsworth etc isn't going to help us stay up.

I have lots of patience with the manager because he has been dealt an appalling hand but I have zero patience with those above him at the club. They have proved consistently they are not fit to run the club, and they need to go.

I don't see any evidence of things changing. In fact, the only change I see is for the worse because we have started selling our better players on top of not being able to recruit properly. The manager deserves better than this shambles he is having to work through.

Sending young players on loan, replacing Unsworth etc isn't going to help us stay up.

I have lots of patience with the manager because he has been dealt an appalling hand but I have zero patience with those above him at the club. They have proved consistently they are not fit to run the club, and they need to go.

I don't see any evidence of things changing. In fact, the only change I see is for the worse because we have started selling our better players on top of not being able to recruit properly. The manager deserves better than this shambles he is having to work through.
I am talking about from KT and FL downwards.
That appears to be better. Agreed selling our 'better' players is not good, and is a consequence of the board and the past DOF manager's decisions. But the fact we are in a position where Richy and AG are what we are classing as our better players shows how woeful the squad is and need for upheaval is.

Under these parameters,they are doing well.
Not the board. Sack all of the board as soon as.

I was thinking about how much money it would cost to phone the premium Everton hotline everyday ( can't remember the name for the official gossip number and it's really p'ing me off) if it was still going today to check up to see if Gana has signed since we were linked with him.
I remember phoning it nearly every day ( the transfer deadline was in March, MARCH) and I had to sell my Sega mega drive and games to pay my mum pack. She kept every penny and gave it back to me when I kicked the habit.
I'm guessing I'm not the only junkie here. I'm hoping really.
My apologies Mods, I've totally put this in the wrong thread. Blame it on the withdrawals.
Sorry.

ClubCall?

You keep bringing this stat up as if 8 goals a season is an achievement for a centre forward. It's not. It's mediocre at best.

It's not though. It's the average for a striker at a club outside the top 10.

Last season....Wolves, Brighton, Newcastle, don't have a striker who scored more than 8. Leicester have Vardy. Villa have Watkins getting more than 10. Zaha got more than 10 for Palace. Watford had Dennis. Pukki got 11. It's a massively mixed bag but for the most part a 10 goal a season striker is looking at the top end of the market

Anyone with 10+ goals is rated £20-30million. We have Dom coming back. We aren't spending £30mill on a back up striker. We'll more than likely we looking at 2 or 3 forwards.

I don't get this 3 games 9 points shout - we'd be doing well to average 2 points per game.
We only averaged 1 point per game last year when we woeful.

We have had a COUPLE of games and been competitive in them.

You can't expect all of the business to be done before game 1. Particularly when it has been so poorly ran for so long.

Frank and Kevin seem to be joining up and are being smart under the cards they were dealt.

Give them time and support, you can't heap the frustration of the past into pressurising those in charge now.

Kenwright and Co must go. But have patience that change is coming and we look to be approaching everything better than we had under Moshiri before.

The window cutting into the start of the season effects teams in different ways that those games generally end up being a write off.

Just the way it is.

Everton Fans.

i-want-it-now-veruca-salt.gif

I think there is alot of idealism at play regarding having all signings made prior to the start of the season. Of course we would like all our players in for pre season and give them time to adjust to their new life and bed in with the squad, of course we would like replacements in the door as soon as important players leave the club , but that is just not the reality.

Look around the league, look at the top leagues around Europe. There are many teams struggling to land their targets. It's not just us. This is how the transfer window has always worked. There can be an element of brinkmanship to deals and that is shown in how many deals get completed at the very end of the window.

These are multiple million pound negotiations. They take time. And if we have learned anything from the last few years its that its better to be patient and get the best deal to land our targets because panic buying and throwing huge wages around to appease fans to get players in has been a factor in the mess we find ourselves in letting so many players that we paid transfer fees for walk away for free.

We need to see how this all comes together at the end of the window.

We have sold one of our better players, a player who wanted to leave.