The Everton Board Thread

Our club is going through a reset ,fans expectancy has now reset imo we are were we are we had a chance with a bit of money and blew it ,our expectations are probably if we got top half happy days, maybe when this stadium is sorted we can dream again with money coming in imo. Without Kenwright mafia like

Our club is going through a reset ,fans expectancy has now reset imo we are were we are we had a chance with a bit of money and blew it ,our expectations are probably if we got top half happy days, maybe when this stadium is sorted we can dream again with money coming in imo. Without Kenwright mafia like
Agree but even to do mid table we need reinforcements

They will win something before we do that's for certain, we need to stop living in the past and thinking we are a big club, we are now a club that just exists.

That is thanks to this board especially Kenwright
Quite.

Compare the footy that Man City play compared to most of the league and you realise how far behind we are. Then you look at the next 5 or 6 clubs... and we're miles behind them. We're not even a top 10 side anymore and when average players like Gordon are considered amongst our best players simply because of their work rate, you realise we're up a creek without a paddle.

However, all is not lost. We have another season to look forward to and who knows, maybe we will defy the odds. Football is like that.

In my opinion the only way that happens (challenging for trophies) is a reboot of the club in terms of from the boardroom and then downwards. It’s alright having money but the people who actually make the decisions and set the culture/mindset in a club are everything and we have failed miserably. Recruitment is every major department on and off the pitch is key.

Everton has been allowed to become archaic and the fault of that is with boardroom members, executive teams, managers, coaches, players , press who have deliberately failed to report on it and some fans who have defended this pre Moshiri and current , when they wouldn’t be so defensive when it came to other clubs failings, the opposite in fact. They know who they are.

We deserve what’s happened in my opinion because it’s been allowed to, the wrong people to run a football have been placated to for years. As much as I dislike our neighbours and certain other clubs they have the right attitude in terms of not accepting dross, which has played a major part in them being successful and us being also rans.

It’s crap mate and I’m sick of moaning about it because it feels like a complete waste of time. All our problems are clear and have been for years yet this nonsense continues to go on and on. I want to be positive but I’m not going to kid myself.
Nail on head ?

Richarlison obviously doesn't realise he joined spurs then did he. What have they exactly won in the last 40 years?

Ahh yes they won the qualified fir the CL cup
I think the problem is qualifying for the CL has been built up by the media & money men to be such a great achievement that it has systematically destroyed the FA cup & the fact that only winning the league matters

Don't hear anyone recalling the fantastic year we finished fourth yet generations who weren't born still talk about 1966.

I think the problem is qualifying for the CL has been built up by the media & money men to be such a great achievement that it has systematically destroyed the FA cup & the fact that only winning the league matters

Don't hear anyone recalling the fantastic year we finished fourth yet generations who weren't born still talk about 1966.

Blame UEFA. The greatest indicator of success in football is how much you spend on wages. Getting knocked out in the group stages of the Champions League is worth about £40m in prize money and TV rights, if you can get there consistently you're giving yourself a platform to build on every year, you can attract better players and pay them more.

End of the day it's the media disconnect from proper fans.

Not counting the vast majority of foreign fans as 'true' fans as they have no real connection by and large and a lot change with the current fad club of the moment. (Some are really true fans though)

I'm lucky enough to remember the 80s, any one of those trophies matters more than spurs entire last 35 years combined for me.

Not gonna say money destroyed the game as well we where always a rich team in comparison with nearly everyone else. But the dynamic changes from using money to help buy or build what matters - a winning team, to bow the ultimate goal is chasing the money ahead of winning.

You offered spurs owners twenty years of CL qualification or one league title one fa cup and missing out on the CL 15/20 seasons - sadly I know which they'd choose.

Blame UEFA. The greatest indicator of success in football is how much you spend on wages. Getting knocked out in the group stages of the Champions League is worth about £40m in prize money and TV rights, if you can get there consistently you're giving yourself a platform to build on every year, you can attract better players and pay them more.

Just to add to this, the nerds over at Tifo figured out that getting knocked out in the group stage of the CL with 2 wins and 4 defeats will make you about the same amount of money as coming into the Europa League at the last qualifying stage and winning every single game up to and including the final. Crazy.

Listening to Richarlison 1st interview about joining Spurs, probably the last time I pay attention to him but its interesting to hear Carlo congratulated him on the move and said he will probably get emotional playing champions league football, Richarlison saying he has joined a club that can compete for titles cups and playing on the big stage etc. Just made me think how low Kenwright and his cronies have taken us.

Honestly thinking about it will we ever get back to challenging for the title again? Or is that us done now, as the the big 6 are getting further away every season (before anyone says we beat chelsea last season & Arsenal, are they the good times Kenwright is on about?)
We're absolutely miles off competing at the top of the table. It may happen again but it would take an extraordinary set of circumstances over several seasons and we'd need to be perfect.

Not gonna happen, is it?
We deserve what’s happened in my opinion because it’s been allowed to, the wrong people to run a football have been placated to for years. As much as I dislike our neighbours and certain other clubs they have the right attitude in terms of not accepting dross, which has played a major part in them being successful and us being also rans.
100%.

We absolutely have the club we deserve. We have the most apathetic fanbase around (which is weird because the last 5 weeks of the season showed we can mobilise)

We have sleepwalked into this position for about 25 years, nodding along as Kenwright continues to blow smoke up the arses of underachieving players and managers, telling all who'd listen that finishing 7th is a magnificent achievement. All the while selling off the club bit by bit to pay off whoever he owes to maintain his grip on power.

I absolute detest the fella and cannot wait until he realises that the majority of the fans are onto him. (far too late mind you) It would be glorious if he's hounded out and all his arse sniffers follow him out the door.

Won't happen though, it takes concentrated action. That would be scoffed at as 'kopite behaviour.'

As I said, we have the club we deserve.

Little old Everton, happy to be involved.

We're absolutely miles off competing at the top of the table. It may happen again but it would take an extraordinary set of circumstances over several seasons and we'd need to be perfect.

Not gonna happen, is it?

100%.

We absolutely have the club we deserve. We have the most apathetic fanbase around (which is weird because the last 5 weeks of the season showed we can mobilise)

We have sleepwalked into this position for about 25 years, nodding along as Kenwright continues to blow smoke up the arses of underachieving players and managers, telling all who'd listen that finishing 7th is a magnificent achievement. All the while selling off the club bit by bit to pay off whoever he owes to maintain his grip on power.

I absolute detest the fella and cannot wait until he realises that the majority of the fans are onto him. (far too late mind you) It would be glorious if he's hounded out and all his arse sniffers follow him out the door.

Won't happen though, it takes concentrated action. That would be scoffed at as 'kopite behaviour.'

As I said, we have the club we deserve.

Little old Everton, happy to be involved.
All true, but in football terms, as far as Everton are concerned, heart-breaking.

The inevitability of where we are headed is tragic!

No sign of a Middle Eastern slave owning saviour yet?
They must be coming. That was one of the two options.

1) be asset stripped by the Yanks and run into the ground
2) tread water for 2 years under mosh and sell to a middle east state.

Cause they will definitely be interested in us.

Not gonna happen, is it?
Well you have to have an owner & board with a plan , a good manager and a shrewd transfer strategy. At the moment we have 1 of the 3.

But
Leicester did it.

Funny old game.