The Everton Board Thread

100%.

We absolutely have the club we deserve. We have the most apathetic fanbase around (which is weird because the last 5 weeks of the season showed we can mobilise)

We have sleepwalked into this position for about 25 years, nodding along as Kenwright continues to blow smoke up the arses of underachieving players and managers, telling all who'd listen that finishing 7th is a magnificent achievement. All the while selling off the club bit by bit to pay off whoever he owes to maintain his grip on power.

I absolute detest the fella and cannot wait until he realises that the majority of the fans are onto him. (far too late mind you) It would be glorious if he's hounded out and all his arse sniffers follow him out the door.

Won't happen though, it takes concentrated action. That would be scoffed at as 'kopite behaviour.'

As I said, we have the club we deserve.

Little old Everton, happy to be involved.
For everything I've said about Kenwright, it's masterful what he's done over the years.

Completely eradicated an identity built on decades and decades of history, and then remade the club in his own image.

Couldn't have done it without his little soft power exertions in the press, though. It wouldn't have anything like the same impact now, but keeping the Echo in his pocket and getting Sharp on board as the go-to former player for media outlets (especially the old Legends phone-in) did a lot to nip unrest before it could spread.

Probably shouldn't forget Moyes's influence, either. He was very happy to be in a position where he could be in the bottom three at Christmas and still will Manager of the Year after finishing 8th, and had no problem telling supporters what a wonderful chairman we had while taking all the plaudits (not to mention trousering £10m a year) for winning the Net Spend Cup every year.

It's the main reason this 'takeover' has been a disaster. It needed a full root-and-brand clear out before we could begin to move on from the Kenwright era, but not only has the rot been allowed to remain, it's been added to.

Via Toffweb;
Brian Wilkinson and others are putting together an 'organised' 'articulate' - 'Not a rent a mob' Protest outside Goodison 7.30pm Fri 5th Aug.
Speeches, local radio etc.
Good luck to them...(in a good way not in a sarcastic manner)

Edit;...It's not mine and I've used it before, but its as good a tag line as you can get.

Kenwright - The Bill we can't afford

Last edited:
Everton fans moan about the club being run badly.

Some Everton fans express publicly that they're not happy (hanging up banners).

Other Everton fans go mad and call them embarrassing (whilst without irony keep on moaning about the club being ran badly) but have no suggestions at all about an alternative way of doing things that may work?

Just shut up and let the suppporters with a clue and some backbone get on with it.

Last edited:

For everything I've said about Kenwright, it's masterful what he's done over the years.

Completely eradicated an identity built on decades and decades of history, and then remade the club in his own image.

Couldn't have done it without his little soft power exertions in the press, though. It wouldn't have anything like the same impact now, but keeping the Echo in his pocket and getting Sharp on board as the go-to former player for media outlets (especially the old Legends phone-in) did a lot to nip unrest before it could spread.

Probably shouldn't forget Moyes's influence, either. He was very happy to be in a position where he could be in the bottom three at Christmas and still will Manager of the Year after finishing 8th, and had no problem telling supporters what a wonderful chairman we had while taking all the plaudits (not to mention trousering £10m a year) for winning the Net Spend Cup every year.

It's the main reason this 'takeover' has been a disaster. It needed a full root-and-brand clear out before we could begin to move on from the Kenwright era, but not only has the rot been allowed to remain, it's been added to.
You have to applaud the way he's clung on, skin as thick as an old Rhinoceros.

Convincing so many to beat the "Bill's doing a great job" drum, drip feeding tame journalists info so long as they keep critisism out of print, rewarding his loyal supporters with employment and hefty salaries (now he's found some other mug to foot the bill).

If you get enough people to repeat the same lie, it becomes the truth.

I used to say only John Houlding has done more damage to Everton Football Club, but actually it's not true. When he decided to up our rent we just moved on within a few short months. Kenwright has dismantled Everton from within and the effects will last for years and years, we may never recover without massive slices of luck.

It's disgusting what this fella has done.

Clap! Clap! Clap!

We're absolutely miles off competing at the top of the table. It may happen again but it would take an extraordinary set of circumstances over several seasons and we'd need to be perfect.

Not gonna happen, is it?

100%.

We absolutely have the club we deserve. We have the most apathetic fanbase around (which is weird because the last 5 weeks of the season showed we can mobilise)

We have sleepwalked into this position for about 25 years, nodding along as Kenwright continues to blow smoke up the arses of underachieving players and managers, telling all who'd listen that finishing 7th is a magnificent achievement. All the while selling off the club bit by bit to pay off whoever he owes to maintain his grip on power.

I absolute detest the fella and cannot wait until he realises that the majority of the fans are onto him. (far too late mind you) It would be glorious if he's hounded out and all his arse sniffers follow him out the door.

Won't happen though, it takes concentrated action. That would be scoffed at as 'kopite behaviour.'

As I said, we have the club we deserve.

Little old Everton, happy to be involved.
Spot on mate.

We've become nothing more than a fixture filler for the PL thanks to Kenwright.
He hit the jackpot when Moyes came, a man who solidified our PL status without fear of relegation on a shoe string budget. Perfection for Kenwright.

Look at our fanbase some wanting the likes of Moyes back! (Some still would) A man who was here 11 years and won zero trophies. Make no bones about it, thats the Kenwright effect and he has a generation of our fanbase believing that European qualification or a top 10 finish is success! This man has single handedly lowered the standards of the football club and yet some are still backing him. I despise him with every last fiber in my body.

He's an embarrassment of the clubs logo.

Maybe 'kopite behaviour' is what's needed to get the club of its knees and people like him out the club.

Supporting this club really is detrimental to our mental health isn't it. Not like we can change how we feel. I'm just trying to remain hopeful that all this pain we go through is for the greater good and some psychological test to see how much supporters can take before they finally crash and burn, some sort of human experiment like the Truman show.

You have to applaud the way he's clung on, skin as thick as an old Rhinoceros.

Convincing so many to beat the "Bill's doing a great job" drum, drip feeding tame journalists info so long as they keep critisism out of print, rewarding his loyal supporters with employment and hefty salaries (now he's found some other mug to foot the bill).

If you get enough people to repeat the same lie, it becomes the truth.

I used to say only John Houlding has done more damage to Everton Football Club, but actually it's not true. When he decided to up our rent we just moved on within a few short months. Kenwright has dismantled Everton from within and the effects will last for years and years, we may never recover without massive slices of luck.

It's disgusting what this fella has done.

Clap! Clap!

I think he's just simply a narcasist. He lives in his own world and he genuinely believes he's the Greatest person ever to run Everton. Mentally ill people of his ilk simply see no wrongs in there crimes, a bit like serial killers. Should have been removed from power the instant moshiri took power. I don't hate the man I genuinely believe he's deluded hence why we are were we are. He surrounds himself with yes men who are somehow hypnotised by him and operate within his universe. Meanwhile back in the real world......

As much as I want Kenwrong gone lets not forget the 27 years campaign were more than happy to see us sold to Kenyons dodgy skint lot.

They do little due diligence in any potential buyers so long as Kenwright and to a lesser extent Moshiri are gone which is naive in the extreme.

#notinmyname
If it was done professionally we'd have known nothing about it until it was presented to the media as a done deal.

The fact that both sides were flapping gums over it (mainly the consortium) should have been a big red flag for everyone.

I have said it plenty of times, I'd be perfectly happy for the owner to remain as owner so long as our completely unimpressive board is replaced with driven professionals.

I'm not against new owners coming in, but the owner isn't the problem. (in my ooinion, I appreciate others disagree)