The Everton Board Thread

No longer can we sit on our hands OR give this board a free ride like many were prepared to do after last season....

1685738830116.png

You can contact the sec of the Shareholders association who, I think, posts that I am a potential buyer, then if any of the shareholders want to sell, t hey contact you and you come to an agreement on price. I was recently contacted but the £4k per share was too much for me to splaff on a vanity mission.
Thanks mate. Not something i would have thought about but would be interested.

Do you know if you buy shares as an individual or can do these as a group too?

I just find it a bit weird when "investment firms" come in to buy a club. This isn't a sport to make money in. It's a status thing. NOBODY makes money in football which is just so weird.

That's often the case however, Kenwright owes almost his entire personal wealth to "investing" in Everton. He was a relative pauper before he took over Everton. He mainly used other people's money and stripped it to the bare bones to pay them all back, while riding on record TV money windfalls and Moyes' shrewd purchases.

It's probably about timing, opportunity and potential to increase value. I think a lot of American sports investors believe that the premier league hasn't yet reached its peak money-making potential. They may see a massively under-achieving club with a good size fanbase, new stadium and an owner probably desperate to get rid as a decent opportunity..... especially if it can be secured at a low enough price, with a view to releasing to an oil state (or similar) when stability has been achieved.

I heard Schofield was about to launch a takeover bid, heading up a consortium that included himself, his brother and the Rolph Harris Estate but it was scuppered last week because of the news.

While I'm glad this didn't happen, I'm pretty sure Gordon the Gopher would've made a far better Chairman than Kenwright.