2018/19 The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans can be openly hostile to each, the hierarchy of both clubs cannot afford to be.
As CEO of Everton she was asked a leading question about our neighbours and I don't think she could say much else.

At the moment we just have to suck it up. They won the CL and came dangerously close to the title.
We had a moderate season.

However, it all starts again in August, hopefully we will have signed some of the best young talent and our team can continue to develop.

Our neighbours..... they had the luck of the devil with them last season... I just can't believe that everything will fall in line so them again so easily. I think they may find next far more challenging than their supporters expect.

Jon woods, anyone know anything about this?

Any one else notice the quotes by DBB today, massively significant in my opinion.

"What fans can expect to see is mixture of health, residential, educational and wellbeing [to the] value of around £100m in development living on in heartland of Goodison Park."

I'll be honest - that lad NetworkMichaelD who makes the mad YouTube vids is great at self-promotion and has great confidence, but I couldn't think of a worse candidate.

If anything I'd want a non-Everton fan (but not a kopite obvs) very experienced in PR or engagement, not someone who has given very sympathetic interviews to Bill and Moshiri on several occasions

Problem is that someone put in that position would be receiving a very broad opinion and would have to be telling the board of a wide range of opinions...I can't think of any matter concerning Everton were there is a consensus of opinion,and so inevitably the position would be weakened. If the 'liason ' bloke or woman was not careful, he/she would very soon become a mouthpiece for the club and would have a dissatisfaction rating from supporters. I'll do it! :D

Baxendales words remind me of those naive Blues in the 70s who wanted the RS to win the European Cup because 'it would be great for the City'. In reality it was the start of our decline, the start of them starting to attract more young support from within the city, and from across the country. We clawed our way back to near parity in the mid 80s but then.........

Baxendales words remind me of those naive Blues in the 70s who wanted the RS to win the European Cup because 'it would be great for the City'. In reality it was the start of our decline, the start of them starting to attract more young support from within the city, and from across the country. We clawed our way back to near parity in the mid 80s but then.........

Spot on.

Tbf there is little she could say that wouldn't come across as bitter - even Liverpools CEO said BMD would be a good thing for the city.

My issue is she got the job imo because she's one of the old boys at the club with Kenwright etc. When we should have got someone in with more business experience from outside the club.

Spot on.

Tbf there is little she could say that wouldn't come across as bitter - even Liverpools CEO said BMD would be a good thing for the city.

My issue is she got the job imo because she's one of the old boys at the club with Kenwright etc. When we should have got someone in with more business experience from outside the club.

Serious question here, but what role do you think she performs at the club?

Serious question here, but what role do you think she performs at the club?
You could argue that she runs the whole thing and is answerable to just Moshiri. I don't think Bill has that much of a say in either the decision making or day to day running of the club anymore.

Personally though, I think that realistically she has control of the non playing side only. I reckon that Brands has total control of the footballing side and his reporting line feeds in directly to Mosh also. So I don't see her having to get involved in player contracts and transfer negotiations, in which I believe she would have been completely out of her depth.

Even so, I believe it was still a huge jump for her to make from an experience point of view. On the positive side she does very much have a "can do" attitude, which is a refreshing change from previous CEOs. I guess time will tell if the club made the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.