Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright spoke candidly to the media following the Blues’ 2-1 win over Wolves on Saturday and addressed several issues currently surrounding the Football Club.
As ever the Toffees owner was there to watch the team in action and afterwards talked to the assembled media, including Radio Five Live, national press, BBC Radio Merseyside and evertontv.
Mr Kenwright revealed:
- Funds will be available to Manager David Moyes in the January transfer window.
- Three or four parties are currently showing an interest in buying the Club.
- That he understands the motives of the protestors who marched ahead of the Wolves game but not their actions.
- And just how proud he is in a week where three Blues represented England, Marouane Fellaini signed a new five-year deal and Everton in the Community’s pioneering plans to open a Free School got the green light.
With regard to January and the possibility of recruiting fresh talent, Mr Kenwright said he had already discussed potential targets with his manager.
He said: “We are talking about January and there will not be a lot of money compared to what other clubs are spending on centre forwards, but there will be money – there will be investment in January.â€