The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instructions to hold the club back?

The Kitbag and Chang deals would get anyone else sacked on the spot.

Who's instructions would that be?

Thought hes pretty much responsible for the day to day running of the club and the commercial aspects

As CEO he executes the objectives and strategies of the Board. He's responsible for the implementation of those objectives and strategies, he does not make policy on the hoof.

He's accountable to the Board for his actions and results. The senior Board members are more culpable than he is. Of course any self-respecting CEO should if he feels the Board are holding back the club seek to change the Board's mind or if not seek employment elsewhere, Elstone has done neither.

As CEO he executes the objectives and strategies of the Board. He's responsible for the implementation of those objectives and strategies, he does not make policy on the hoof.

He's accountable to the Board for his actions and results. The senior Board members are more culpable than he is. Of course any self-respecting CEO should if he feels the Board are holding back the club seek to change the Board's mind or if not seek employment elsewhere, Elstone has done neither.
Of course he wouldnt rock the boat, hes got a good thing going.

No one in a position of power at everton seems to be accountable

Reactions: Jxg
I voted out. He hasn't the nous or finances to be a league 1 chairman never mind a PL team. Its held us back for a record time of no trophies. Our most barren spell in history and people still want him running our club.

Of course he wouldnt rock the boat, hes got a good thing going.

No one in a position of power at everton seems to be accountable

Appreciate what you are saying but how can a CEO have a cushy job if the Board won't give him the tools or resources to do the job?

All the good CEO 's I have ever come across are a right pain in the backside constantly giving the Board grief for extra resources to develop the business.

When I recruit a CEO I am looking for someone who makes life uncomfortable for the Board because he/she is ambitious and wants success.

Appreciate what you are saying but how can a CEO have a cushy job if the Board won't give him the tools or resources to do the job?

All the good CEO 's I have ever come across are a right pain in the backside constantly giving the Board grief for extra resources to develop the business.

When I recruit a CEO I am looking for someone who makes life uncomfortable for the Board because he/she is ambitious and wants success.
Agree completely, but he doesnt seem to be held accountable for anything, hes on a fair chunk of money, it seems a cushy job, I can see why he might not want to push his luck with such a tight board.

We need someone in who as you say shows some ambition, tries to drive us forward and be proactive, not afraid to but heads with the board

Agree completely, but he doesnt seem to be held accountable for anything, hes on a fair chunk of money, it seems a cushy job, I can see why he might not want to push his luck with such a tight board.

We need someone in who as you say shows some ambition, tries to drive us forward and be proactive, not afraid to but heads with the board

Totally agree!

As both Birch and Wyness did, the latter after a considerable period of time in post. The resignations of these 2 have been a convincing factor for me in the argument that the club is not being run properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.