The Entertainers - are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
and force richarlison to the left? and tosun on the bench? i like it. we'd have to spend big
That really depends on what's available.
Even if Brands has his target in the summer and its argued to at least get a better back up, it would still be dependent on be able to move on two of Niasse, Tosun, DLC.

Reactions: dav
Key piece here is identity.

It’s the scale of progress of claiming back our identity as a club. Last year we were a soulless outfit riddled with playing safe percentage football.

This is about style, swagger and reclaiming our identity as the school of scenice.

If the last year thought us anything we neeed to be enrptertained we now have that and it’s a relief.

We live in a cycle though and at the moment we are content with relief, new signings and being entertained, Its a similar feel to Martinrz first season and a similar type of hope.

That breeds expectation and the next phase of our development is consistency, competitiveness with top six and top 8 rivals and translating performences into tangible success in the league and cups.

I like Silva a lot he is a proper manager, the balance in the team and squad is impressive given the job of work in a short space of time. Im looking forward to our continued development.

In the meantime claiming back our identity and creating hope has been refreshing.

Key piece here is identity.

It’s the scale of progress of claiming back our identity as a club. Last year we were a soulless outfit riddled with playing safe percentage football.

This is about style, swagger and reclaiming our identity as the school of scenice.

If the last year thought us anything we neeed to be enrptertained we now have that and it’s a relief.

We live in a cycle though and at the moment we are content with relief, new signings and being entertained, Its a similar feel to Martinrz first season and a similar type of hope.

That breeds expectation and the next phase of our development is consistency, competitiveness with top six and top 8 rivals and translating performences into tangible success in the league and cups.

I like Silva a lot he is a proper manager, the balance in the team and squad is impressive given the job of work in a short space of time. Im looking forward to our continued development.

In the meantime claiming back our identity and creating hope has been refreshing.
Yes def identity is a key.
And I'd be dumping on anything that isn't representing us no matter the razzle dazzle.
We need to stop buying players that don't fit the ethic like Walcott.
I've always admired Atletico for their attitude, and the type of players they base their sides on like Gabi, Koke, Godin.
And the way City built with players like Barry, Milner and De Jong.
If we're looking to compete and stand with the best, while keeping our identity, then this is part of the way forward.

It's a results business not an entertainment business.
His tactics gift the opposition chances to score who ever the opposition is.
Sure it's good too watch and of course we will thrash the odd team by 4 or 5 goals.

But on the face of it it's kamikaze stuff, lump loads of players in attack and hope we score and hope the opposition don't counter attack. One strategy whether it's arsenal away or Rotherham at home

The problem with that is sooner or later teams figure you out

Just because your own one dimensional manager has been found out please don’t cast premature aspersions on ours (I know it’s difficult for you lot to resist the urge to do anything prematurely)

Yes def identity is a key.
And I'd be dumping on anything that isn't representing us no matter the razzle dazzle.
We need to stop buying players that don't fit the ethic like Walcott.
I've always admired Atletico for their attitude, and the type of players they base their sides on like Gabi, Koke, Godin.
And the way City built with players like Barry, Milner and De Jong.
If we're looking to compete and stand with the best, while keeping our identity, then this is part of the way forward.

That’s why I think the balancing is so impressive in the squad. When you look at the posititions where we were all over the place it was on the left flank and center midfield. The difference Dinge, Bernard and Ricky have made has been phenomenal, both in shape and individual quality. Silva has given us a threat in the central channel.

Not only this but it’s also brought out the best in the quality we had that many dismissed, I backed Keane and Siggy particularly as quality players last year who suffered from being isolated in unbalanced teams with little ambitition. Surround them with players of equal quality and they are proving they are quality players. Not only does Silva deserve credit for balancing the squad it’s the knock on effect of what that has done to unlock the quality that was already here.

I disagree on Walcott, you can judge him goals, assists or on the eye test. If you analyze it though. Defenses are terrified of him and the counter, he is marked tight and fear of his pace keeps a back four pinned back, creating space for others in between the lines and Coleman coming from behind, Theo will be fine and will contribute close to 10 goals and assists, what he does for the team and other players is critically important and is a different type of threat to anyone we have.

That’s why I think the balancing is so impressive in the squad. When you look at the posititions where we were all over the place it was on the left flank and center midfield. The difference Dinge, Bernard and Ricky have made has been phenomenal, both in shape and individual quality. Silva has given us a threat in the central channel.

Not only this but it’s also brought out the best in the quality we had that many dismissed, I backed Keane and Siggy particularly as quality players last year who suffered from being isolated in unbalanced teams with little ambitition. Surround them with players of equal quality and they are proving they are quality players. Not only does Silva deserve credit for balancing the squad it’s the knock on effect of what that has done to unlock the quality that was already here.

I disagree on Walcott, you can judge him goals, assists or on the eye test. If you analyze it though. Defenses are terrified of him and the counter, he is marked tight and fear of his pace keeps a back four pinned back, creating space for others in between the lines and Coleman coming from behind, Theo will be fine and will contribute close to 10 goals and assists, what he does for the team and other players is critically important and is a different type of threat to anyone we have.
Good post. The knock on impact on those already here is as impressive to me as the quality of Digne, Gomes, Richarlison and Bernard themselves. Zouma on Keane, Gomes on Gueye, Richarlison on Siggurdson. I think he is also on the verge of cleverly using Lookman to push Walcott that bit more, then bring him in for a while, then give Walcott another burst later in the season. Both are tricky wingers basically who probably are a bit streaky/inconsistent in form and tend to expose Seamus when we are defending. But using them to try to benefit from their streaks could also be very useful to us.

We have a fantastic right back.

His name is Coleman.

Love Seamus but hes not the Coleman of old imo.

He can still be decent against most of the sides in the league however he isnt good enough against the top 6 quality players with pace as proven against Utd.

If we could find ourselves a right sided Digne we would be laughing.

I was chatting with @BlueToff about this, I think we're actually underachieving. The players we have now are really excellent. I think the second half of the season is going to be something once everyone gets up to speed.
I think this too. This run of away games to the top six has come a bit too soon, can't wait for January onwards when we've got them all at home under a full head of steam.

Good post. The knock on impact on those already here is as impressive to me as the quality of Digne, Gomes, Richarlison and Bernard themselves. Zouma on Keane, Gomes on Gueye, Richarlison on Siggurdson. I think he is also on the verge of cleverly using Lookman to push Walcott that bit more, then bring him in for a while, then give Walcott another burst later in the season. Both are tricky wingers basically who probably are a bit streaky/inconsistent in form and tend to expose Seamus when we are defending. But using them to try to benefit from their streaks could also be very useful to us.

Huge Lookman fan mate, I don’t get the critisim he often gets on here. For me he is a raw, I think he comes inside far too early and doesn’t stretch the play enough, he’s doesnt fully understand his strengths yet and needs develop composure. All things done in the role he is playing and out on the training pitch. Lad needs to be patient. He is a supreme talent though.

Theo is just fine in my opinion.

This thread
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.