The England U20 World Cup Winning Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A striker has to score goals on a regular basis.
SO far DCL hasnt.
Teams without a goalcorer get relegated.
Thats why DCL will never make it in the PL unless he starts scoring goals.
Do you think Silva will persevere with him as first choice for next season if he scores 1 more goal this season

He hasn't scored a lot of goals because he hasn't played a lot of games though mate. His goals to minute ratio is very decent.

In terms of everything else he offers, I would honestly say he gets into about half the teams in the league. Lets put it this way, outside of the top 6 there aren't many I'd have over him currently.

He hasn't scored a lot of goals because he hasn't played a lot of games though mate. His goals to minute ratio is very decent.

In terms of everything else he offers, I would honestly say he gets into about half the teams in the league. Lets put it this way, outside of the top 6 there aren't many I'd have over him currently.
Wolves Jota
Leicester Vardy
West Ham Anoutavic (sp)
off the top of my head
I’m not knocking DCL overall game
He works his socks off and presses well
He’s a decent target man and has improved his physicality
But unless he adds goals he won’t be good enough for where we want to be

Wolves Jota
Leicester Vardy
West Ham Anoutavic (sp)
off the top of my head
I’m not knocking DCL overall game
He works his socks off and presses well
He’s a decent target man and has improved his physicality
But unless he adds goals he won’t be good enough for where we want to be

I would say, to answer each, Jota is a different type of player and I'd have him with DCL but couldn't see him being a loan striker. I think Jimenez is at a similar level but is 28.

Vardy yes, he's the obvious one, He's 33 though so again how much longer will he go on for?

Arnautovic, I'm not so sure to be frank. Across his 6 seasons in the league he's broken the 7 barrier on 2 occasions. Whether I'd play him over Calvert Lewin I am not sure. What I would say though is I wouldn't swap the two when you factor in their ages. Arnautovic has had one season where his goals per minute has matched DCL this season. As I've said he has just played more often.

Wilson and King I'd consider and Vardy. Outside of that I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.