The Dyche option...

Under what circumstances would you consider appointing Sean Dyche at Everton?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there was nothing disrespectful or undignified in what he said. He's been in that situation numerous times and knows how it affects a team.

---------------------------------
"I've been down there, I know what it's like and every season there have been tough patches for us. It's hard to explain, but sometimes you sense that a team might have lost how to win a game. I said to them at half time 'I'm not sure these know how to win a game, away from home particularly'.

"I told them we've got to play on that mentality - we do it by playing forward with better quality and being more aggressive in our play."

---------------------------------

I completely fail to see what is close to being out of order there. He knows we're a nervy side that don't respond well to pressure away from home. It's a statement of facts with no malice or misrepresentation.

The only way you could find that disrespectful is if you believe that little old Burnley should be doffing their caps to Everton and acknowledging that this whole relegation scrap malarkey is completely unfair.

Would disagree personally mate, Lampard is a colleague, Everton are a peer, in any workplace if you slate a colleague or insult another man, or out side operation or organisation it’s disrespectful, unprofessional and to my mind undignified. I’d like to think as a club we hold ourselves to a higher standardised then that. I’d be disappointed if a payed professional fr our club made a comment like that about another operation.

Last edited:
I've posted this sentiment before, but I'll go again.

None of us actually watch football to be entertained. If we did it would be the worst return on our financial and emotional investment imaginable.

We don't like any of our players, with the possible exception of... *checks notes - Delph?

Enter a manager who would crawl to work here. Would chin at least one of our players on the first day and would roll Calvert-Lewin up at the first sight of a suspender belt. Intimidates the mad doctor across the park and could fold him like a deckchair at any given moment.

He would make Everton worth supporting again, us with Dyche vs. the rest of the league. He fits us like a glove and you all know it.

Tory boy, Latin GSCE, throw the players under the bus at every reverse but never holds himself to account is a fraud.

Give it Dyche.
I'm sold.
In all seriousness he had a tough job made impossible with that takeover with the club's profits paying for the repayments on the loan secured to buy the club. That just shouldn't be allowed.

When I went to Burnley tother week I noted they had a boozer by the ground called 'the royal Dyche' with his face on the sign like a king. Their fans will melt down over this decision...

I'm sold.
In all seriousness he had a tough job made impossible with that takeover with the club's profits paying for the repayments on the loan secured to buy the club. That just shouldn't be allowed.

When I went to Burnley tother week I noted they had a boozer by the ground called 'the royal Dyche' with his face on the sign like a king. Their fans will melt down over this decision...
If their owners really want Burnley fans to meltdown they should hire a gay black woman to replace him

Would disagree personally mate, Lampard is a colleague, Everton are a peer, in any workplace if you slate a colleague or insult another man amen operation or organisation it’s disrespectful, unprofessional and to my mind undignified. I’d like to think as a club we hold ourselves to a higher standardised then that. I’d be disappointed if a payed professional fr our club made a comment like that about another operation.
He isn't slating or insulting anyone to my mind. If he'd outright said they were cowards, the managers clueless or even publicly accused the players of lacking bollocks (something our manager did even with our perceived higher standards) then I could see the slight or insult.

But he didn't. There was no dig or insult aimed at players, the manager or club.

He leant on past experience to make an observation about how the pressures of a relegation fight and terrible form can affect a team's mentality and in turn how that relates to the opposition they were playing. It's a sporting generalisation that currently affects us and even as he talks about it he is acknowledging that he is and has been in that same boat and knows the opportunities it can offer others.

I've posted this sentiment before, but I'll go again.

None of us actually watch football to be entertained. If we did it would be the worst return on our financial and emotional investment imaginable.

We don't like any of our players, with the possible exception of... *checks notes - Delph?

Enter a manager who would crawl to work here. Would chin at least one of our players on the first day and would roll Calvert-Lewin up at the first sight of a suspender belt. Intimidates the mad doctor across the park and could fold him like a deckchair at any given moment.

He would make Everton worth supporting again, us with Dyche vs. the rest of the league. He fits us like a glove and you all know it.

Tory boy, Latin GSCE, throw the players under the bus at every reverse but never holds himself to account is a fraud.

Give it Dyche.
As far as the "Tory boy" shouts go Dyche holds Margaret Thatcher up as his biggest inspiration. The way he goes on about her is putrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.