The Dyche option...

Under what circumstances would you consider appointing Sean Dyche at Everton?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see the reaction as he seems to be well liked in Burnley. If you were a Burnley fan and they replaced him with Big Sam, would you be optimistic or would you vent your anger?

The same can be said for those players too, how many of them owe a massive amount to Dyche?

As it stands Burnley probably need 2 wins more than us, if we win 2/3 they need to win 4/5 of their last 8 games, and they`ve only won 4 all season... If they lose away to West Ham on Sunday which is entirely possible and we can beat Leicester at home (Yes I`m confident at home) they will need to win 3 more than us in their last 7 games. If we win 2/3 more they will need 5/6 wins from their last 7 games.

But ultimately we need to look after ourselves, a win v Leicester will be massive.

Last edited:

I've posted this sentiment before, but I'll go again.

None of us actually watch football to be entertained. If we did it would be the worst return on our financial and emotional investment imaginable.

We don't like any of our players, with the possible exception of... *checks notes - Delph?

Enter a manager who would crawl to work here. Would chin at least one of our players on the first day and would roll Calvert-Lewin up at the first sight of a suspender belt. Intimidates the mad doctor across the park and could fold him like a deckchair at any given moment.

He would make Everton worth supporting again, us with Dyche vs. the rest of the league. He fits us like a glove and you all know it.

Tory boy, Latin GSCE, throw the players under the bus at every reverse but never holds himself to account is a fraud.

Give it Dyche.
If you could guarantee him to layout klopp in his own technical area at next weeks Derby, then I am so in.
But if not...

On a more serious note, I think he'll do well at a mid sized club looking to build long term, if he's given time. Burnley tool the long view and stuck with him. Used a lot of the Premier league money on club infrastructure.

Like many All managers, he'd probably struggle with our leadership circus.
Fixed that for you mert.

Very odd decision from Burnley. The number of seasons that Dyche has spent buttons in the transfer market and kept them up is a big achievement. They spent money in 16/17 which helped keep them up their first season back and then in 17/18 they made a profit in the transfer market and qualified for Europe in 7th.

18/19 was a struggle with the early Europa start doing what it does to many sides lacking in depth and resources but he still turned round a dreadful start and got safe comfortably. Then with a small spend (10M net) finished 10th in 19/20. But even that amount of tiny insignificant financial outlay has been deemed too much by the American owners and the budget has seemingly been cut back to near nothing.

Burnley's loss will be someone else's gain. Not my favourite manager in terms of style but if you listen to an interview or two with him he's definitely more intelligent, affable and tactically savvy then the caricature of him suggests. I'd have took him before the last 2 Everton managers but that ship has sailed now and Lampard needs backing.

How the tables turn! Last week he was a banter master telling everyone we couldn’t win a game, then he lost to Norwich and got the sack!

Did a cracking job keeping Burnley in the league for six or seven years but he did it the same way Allardyce did with Bolton - clubs like Everton do not settle for survival by anti-football as shown by Allardyce getting us one of our highest league finishes since Moyes and being hounded out by the fans.

On a side note it shows the importance of managers being respectful and keeping their dignity.

You never know when you will be the one in the firing line and when the axe might fall.
But there was nothing disrespectful or undignified in what he said. He's been in that situation numerous times and knows how it affects a team.

---------------------------------
"I've been down there, I know what it's like and every season there have been tough patches for us. It's hard to explain, but sometimes you sense that a team might have lost how to win a game. I said to them at half time 'I'm not sure these know how to win a game, away from home particularly'.

"I told them we've got to play on that mentality - we do it by playing forward with better quality and being more aggressive in our play."

---------------------------------

I completely fail to see what is close to being out of order there. He knows we're a nervy side that don't respond well to pressure away from home. It's a statement of facts with no malice or misrepresentation.

The only way you could find that disrespectful is if you believe that little old Burnley should be doffing their caps to Everton and acknowledging that this whole relegation scrap malarkey is completely unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.