Defensive System

• Flat back four

• Back four with attacking full backs

• Three at the back with wing backs

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lad I want thee at the back but in this order - ball playing centre half on the right, anchor in the middle and limited defender down the left.

I want an inverted false 7 inside forward wingback on the left and an actual winger in the mould of Moses on the right.

* turns off football manager and evaluates life*

Seriously tho I think we should go three at the back in the conte style.

Set pieces really isn’t it, our Defence isn’t bad if you sort that out.

Our team are fairly small, as simple as it sounds, that is a big reason why we can’t defend set peices.

Last edited:

In the face of accusations toward their being guilty of leaking easy goals, Everton's defence has no defence...it is indefensible.

Definition of indefensible : Not able to be protected against attack.

Set pieces really isn’t it, our Defence isn’t bad if you sort that out.

Our team are fairly small, as simple as it sounds, that is a big reason why we can’t defend set peices.
Apart from when Keane tries to play an offside trap on our 6 yard line...

In the face of accusations toward their being guilty of leaking easy goals, Everton's defence has no defence...it is indefensible.

Definition of indefensible : Not able to be protected against attack.
yeah I thought this thread was about legal matters and expected one for the prosecution next.... oh maybe it is.....

The whole team has to work as one, defending & attacking. You could have Baresi, Ramos & Maldini in our back 3, but if wave after wave of attacks are coming at you, as a defender you are constantly under pressure and ours crack at the merest hint of it. Communication and organisation (i.e. someone shouting at slackers) seem non-existent. Unfortunately we have a ‘strolling’ midfield most of the time, apart from Gana, who is fighting fires everywhere, usually on his own. Where are Joe Parkinson and Lee Carsley when you need them?

Defending is how you react to not being in possession. How many you have as a last line before the keeper is academic in the grand scale of things when there's zero effort or ability to cohesively pressure the opposition as a unit and maintain shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.